Cock Blockers

I liked Brian's idea of a date.

A quiet dinner in an intimate setting was just my speed. The food was delicious and the company was amazing, hey come on it was Brian! We talked, we laughed and at the end of the night, when he dropped me back at Cathy and Jeff's with the promise to call me, we kissed.

So it went for over a week. He'd call and ask me out and of course I'd go. Cathy was ecstatic. I was happy but utterly clueless about what was going on. It had never been my plan to stick around for as long as I had. I had nowhere specific to be although I'd mentioned to friends in various places that I might drop in on them. What caused mild feelings of panic was the fact that I didn't really have anywhere I particularly wanted to be...other than where Brian was. It left me feeling uneasy, there was no way Brian could be considering a relationship with me, his divorce wasn't even finalised.

Cathy, to my surprise had met Michelle and to my great discomfort, Brian's baby son. Cathy and Val had really hit it off and the redecoration of the house that they'd teased Matt about at dinner was going ahead.

Cathy and Val had gone on a shopping trip and Val had invited her sister Michelle. Not really any surprise there, if I'd had a sister I'd have loved to go shopping with her. Cathy and Val had invited me, minus any mention of Michelle, but I'd declined. Brian and I had plans to head out and explore. He'd been taking me to all kinds of cool places. I'd gotten plenty of amazing photos and some of them even made it to my pages. Nothing I posted included Brian although we had snapped a few selfies for our private collections. Brian had grabbed my camera or phone more than once and snapped a shot of me, a couple were decent enough for me to post. Not that I cared too much how I looked in them, I certainly didn't make him take dozens of options until I found one I liked, but I did care that they were relevant to the topic of my post rather than me just pouting for the camera.

I'd been shocked when Cathy told me she'd met Michelle. "She's a lovely woman. Different to Val but just gorgeous."

"I'm sure she is," I'd answered faintly.

"And the baby is just adorable..."

"No doubt." Never had I wanted to slap Cathy as much as I did at that moment. I knew in my heart of hearts that Cathy was just being Cathy, ready to like everyone until they gave her a reason not to. Obviously Michelle had not given Cathy a reason to dislike her; still I couldn't help feeling a little hurt. Almost as if Cathy was being disloyal. I wondered if Michelle knew about me.

As I was trying this new thing that Brian had introduced me to in Matt and Val's bathroom of being an adult I mentioned Cathy and Michelle's meeting to him.

We were sat at a table in a bar he'd described as one of his favourites. It was dim, a bit noisy, a lot divey and had an outstanding selection of alcohol. In other words it had an excellent possibility of becoming one of my favourites too.

He took a sip of his drink and looked at me cautiously. "I know. Michelle knows who you and Cathy are."

I almost spat my vodka out. "She does? How?"

"Um, I told her?" Brian looked at me in confusion for a moment before continuing, "Like Val Michelle also follows you on Instagram. Just so you know Michelle was another one of King's admirers."

"Well that's awkward."

"Why?" His hand was on my thigh. It was one of the great things about him. The way he was so tactile. Eli had barely touched me other than for sex or when there was a camera around, then he was more than happy to play the part of the besotted husband. Brian didn't care, he just touched. Whether it was an arm around my shoulders, or holding my hand or even just a finger glancing up my arm as he passed me when he went to the bar, he had no hesitation in putting his hands on me.