First Time

She is kissing me. She tastes sweet and her lips are soft. I explore her mouth and she does the same to mine. When I'm with her, she is the only person in the room. She is the sun and I'm a planet, attracted to her. Even if I'm not supposed to be the attraction is there, and it is strong.

"Emily," she says, pulling away,"let's watch the movie." The movie is a sappy love story, the kind that Sam loves. I groan and she shushes me. As she focuses on the movie I start watching her instead of the screen.

Sam has red-brown, slightly wavy hair that goes half way down her back. She keeps it clipped up all the time, except on special occasions. Her eyes are always changing. They are green, brown or somewhere in between, depending on the light. Now they are a pure green. Her ivory skin is glowing in the light from the TV. I know she hates her skin, she always says she is either white or red, but I think she is beautiful and radiant.

She glances at me,"Are you even watching the movie?"

"No I'm watching something much more interesting." I reply. Sam rolls her eyes at me, and starts describing what I missed. I start watching the movie with her.

At the end Sam starts to cry at something and when she glances at me she blushes. I laugh and Sam hits me, cracking a smile. Oh god I love her. I want to say it so much, but I can never get the words out. I know she loves me too, but she hasn't said it either so we are kind of at an uneasy understanding, I guess. Things are different here, in Sam's room, it's just us with no one around. All the pointing, giggling, and whispering when we are together at school. Things are dark outside our little bubble.

It's all worth it when I see Sam.

*** 3 months earlier***

"WAKE UP EMILY, YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE!" shouted my mother. I groaned and pulled up the covers. Just as I was about to fall back asleep, my little sister, Caroline, came in and started practicing the song that her and her friends were doing for the talent show.

"Caroline it's the beginning of the school year, the talent show is in May. You'll have plenty of time to practice before it's here." Caroline was in the 5th grade, so she went to the elementary school. "I have to start practicing now so I'll be super when it's time for the talent show." Caroline replied and then she started singing again, thankfully walking out of my room. I loved Caroline, but she defiantly took away some of my first-day-of-school pep.

As I arrived at school, I take a deep breath and smiled. New year, new adventures. I walked up the steps and saw my best friend since kindergarten, Hannah. As soon as Hannah saw me, she squeaked and ran over. "Em, it's sooo good to see you!" I took in all 5 feet 2 inches of Hannah, from the top of her white blonde hair to her white dress, then her sparkly red flats.

"Ohmygod, Hannah you cut your hair!" I shrieked. Her normally waist length hair was cut into a short, blunt bob. Hannah smiled,"Do you like it, or love it?"

"Love it!" I smiled,"Where is Kim?" Kimberly Richards was standing in the hall with Chris, her boyfriend. Kim was 5'7 with an amazing tan and shoulder length black, curly hair. When Hannah yelled her name, she turned and broke into a smile.

"Hannah! Emily!" Kim was racing toward us in her usual 4 inch heels. We all hugged and squealed, then compared schedules. Hannah and I had 3 classes together, Kim and I had 2, and Hannah and Kim had 1 class together. We all had 1 class together.

"This is going to be the best year ever!" Hannah said, hugging us some more.