Chapter 3

Alex and I were walking down the hallways to our classrooms when he finally broke the silence.

“Look, Kathleen, Katie, or whatever your name is,” he started, “You don’t really need to show me around. After we enter our first class, we can both part our ways and never see each other again. I really don’t need any snotty little rich girls hanging around me, who would also probably start rumors about me dating her. So please stop the nice act because you can now show your true devious hidden nature.”

“Excuse me?” I asked.

“You heard me,” he replied, “I have now discovered your true hidden motive. Don’t even bother denying it. Wait, don’t tell me. You probably got your rich daddy to bribe your school principal into being the one to show me around. I already know your kind, and I’m not that gullible you know. I also remember your face from the mall. You were staring at me and practically drooling over me. I get it, I’m hot and sexy. I’m every girl’s dream guy. But it’s seriously disgusting how people like you use your money to get close to me.”

I practically laughed. “Wow. Whoever fed that big ego of yours deserves a standing ovation. First of all, you do not know a single thing about me, so don’t start making assumptions of my character without a single drop of evidence. Yesterday was even the first time I heard your name. The only reason why I stared at you was because you looked like someone I used to know. Do you even think I want to show you around? Believe me or not, but all you are to me is a bother that I have to deal with. I’m already busy enough as it is, and here I am with another thing to add to my already overflowing schedule. So, if you don’t want me to show you around. Fine, I’ll gladly accept you KIND and GENEROUS offer.”

He smirked, “Do you really think I’ll actually fall for that, pumpkin? I know your kind better than anyone else in this world. Rich girls like you have never worked a single day in your lives, yet spend daddy’s money on extravagant shopping sprees, spa days, and parties. You pretty much don’t care about anything other than looking perfect and pretty. Money means absolutely nothing to you and you can throw it away without caring. You don’t care about other people and what it is like for them. You can just barge in and destroy their lives without a single speck of regret on your mind. And most of all, you think that you’re high above everyone and else, preferring to trample on people who you put under you.”

“Don’t judge a book by its cover you jerkface,” I spat, “First of all, I don’t use my father’s money at all. I work for it. I worked at our company starting as an intern and I climbed the corporate ladder on my own. I’m actually one of the board of directors now. Second, I do care about people. I don’t find myself above others because I’m a Catholic and I actually believe that everyone is equal in this world. I donate 50% of my money to charity and I volunteer at an orphanage every month. I don’t go to parties and I absolutely don’t give a damn on how I look. I also know how to respect people, clearly something your parents never taught you. So can you please shut up because right now I feel like I want to punch you in the face.”

He just stood there awestruck, staring at me.

“You know what I think of you now,” I continued, “You’re a jerk. You’re a person who loves stereotyping people. You think too highly of yourself that you expect that everyone would fall at their knees just for you. You probably had a rich girl break your heart before. After, you became an asshole and a player. You probably have a lot of hatred bottled up inside your heart. But you know what, don’t take it out on me because I’ve done nothing wrong to you and all I’ve shown you was sincerity and civility.”

He didn’t say anything, so I turned on my heel and walked away. I was furious. The nerve of that guy! He has no right to judge me or to say those false things at me. Just because I have a rich father doesn’t mean that I’m a spoiled brat. It’s so unbelievable. He should really get lessons on respect. He accused me of things without a single drop of proof.

I was probably 10 feet away from him when he called out, “Wait, look. I’m sorry.”

I turned back and glared at him.

“You’re right,” he said, “I shouldn’t have judged you like that. It’s probably because that sort of situation happens almost every time. I do have a lot of hatred in me, but I shouldn’t have taken it out on you. I’m sorry. Maybe we can start over again and try to be friends?”

I narrowed my eyes, “We’ll see.”

I turned around and left.

Classes were finally finished for the morning and Khloe, Alissa, and I were walking down the hallway to the cafeteria. I was telling them about the “incident” with that jerk, Alex.

“Oh my gosh, such a jerk!” Alissa exclaimed. “What happened after he apologized?” she asked.

I replied, “I walked away.”

“You didn’t,” Khloe gasped.

I smiled, “Yes I did.”

“Seriously though,” Alissa said, “You should forgive him. Who knows, you might even become friends, or something more.”

I scoffed, “I want nothing to do with worthless piece of trash for as long as I live.”

We entered the cafeteria and went to buy some food. I bought some steak with Bolognese spaghetti while Alissa and Khloe got some sushi.

I spotted the gang in our usual table and headed towards them. As I grew closer, I noticed an extra figure in our table.I stopped by the edge of the table and saw that the new person there was the jerkfaceAlex.  Sebastian was sitting down beside Alex and both of them were talking and laughing as if they have known each other for a long time and were pretty close.

Sebastian finally noticed us and stood up from his seat. He approached us and said, “Kaye, Alissa and Khloe, meet Alex. I met him when our company got him to endorse our men’s clothing line. We became friends after that. Do you mind if he sits with us for the rest of the school year.”

I started to say, “Yes, I kinda - -.”

“Of course he can,” Alissa interrupted.

“We would love to have you sit in our table. I’m such a huge fan of your music,” Khloe added.

We all sat down at the table. I stayed as far away from Alex as possible. I was pretty annoyed at Alissa and Khloe. Those traitors! They knew what he said to me! I can't believe them. One look at him and they forgot about all that I told them. Now, they were fangirling over him as if they didn't know what he had done to me.

Ugggh.

All I wanted was a peaceful life. Why do I have this feeling that things are just going to go downhill from now on?