Chapter 2

Hey guys, thanks for taking time to read my book. Please comment and tell me your thoughts. I know I'm not perfect,so suggestions would really help! Please vote and share so I would know if I should continue writing or not. Sorry if it's not that long. Next time I'll be sure to make it longer!

_____________________________________________________________________________

“AJ, sing to me?” I asked.

He began to sing, “I can show you the world. Shining shimmering splendid. Tell me princess, now when will you let your heart decide…”

Kriiiinggg!!!!

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock.

It was just a dream, I remind myself, a distant memory. It’s been a long time since I last thought of him. It doesn’t hurt as much before, but there’s still that empty pit in my stomach. I wish I could see him and hear his voice again, even just at least once. I deserve to know an answer to why I never saw him again.

Going back to reality, I looked at my clock. It was already 7:30. I hurriedly went to the bathroom and showered. I blow-dried my hair and applied some light make-up. I put on a cute purple dress and paired it with a comfortable pair of ballet flats. I hurried down to the dining room and took some waffles, heading to my car after I had taken a few bites. I drove to school and arrived just 10 minutes before the time. I parked my car just near the entrance to Woodrose Academy.

I entered the school saw my friends along the hallway. I walked over to them and greeted them with a group hug. It's been so long since we've been all together and I really missed all of them.

“Hey Alissa, have you seen Khloe anywhere?” I asked

“She mentioned running a bit late because of her brother. Apparently, her brother stuck nails into her car’s tires,” she replied. Alissa was a pretty brunette with dazzling green eyes. She is the head of the dance team, not to mention that her family owns 1/3 of all the restaurants in town.

“They should seriously stop with the prank wars now,” I replied, “It’s already been months since they started it.”

Their prank wars started about 6 months ago. Apparently, Khloe'sbrother "accidentally" ate her  favorite cookies. They were these cute panda shaped cookies from Hong Kong that were given to her by her aunt. She was enraged, so she decided to drop her brother's cellphone in the toilet. That didn't really end well.

“Kayekaye, my favorite friend!” Sebastian exclaimed, “I miss you so much. I haven’t seen you in ages!” Sebastian was like a brother to me. He has blond hair and green eyes. He plays head quarterback in our school’s varsity team and surprisingly is our school’s number one chess player. We grew up together since his father and my father were business partners.

“Well Bash dear,” I replied, “It’s probably because you disappeared to Paris the whole summer doing god knows what.”

He smiled, “Exactly.”

Suddenly, someone grabbed my shoulders and shouted, “Boo!”

I shrieked and turned. I saw Mason smirking.

“Seriously Mason,” I practically shouted at him, “Why do you love scaring me every time you see me?”

“Because your face looks so hilarious every time!” he replied while laughing at me. Mason was like the troublemaker of our group. It may not appear like it, but he’s actually really smart. We’ve been competing against each other on who got better grades ever since middle school. He’s team captain of our soccer team and debate team. His father is a very powerful politician, currently a Senator, but I’m pretty sure that he’s going to run for president one day.

“One day I’ll get back at you,” I said to him. “I bet you’re going to be a great salutatorian this year.”

“Absolutely not,” He replied, “Correction, I’m going to be the best valedictorian this year.”

I laughed, “In your dreams, Mase. In your dreams.”

Just then Khloe entered the school and as I saw her,  I waved at her to come join us.

“Kaye,” she shrieked, “Guess what I heard!”

“What did you hear, Khloe?” I said in a dramatic tone.

“Alex Ryder is coming to our school. He’s going to study here!” she shouted.

"Oh my gosh," Alissa screamed, "Are you serious?!"

"Yes, I've already confirmed it with like ten people" Khloe said excitedly.

I rolled my eyes. It was really embarassing how Alissa and Khloe fangirl about him. I mean, what's the big deal. He's just a guy that can sing. Sure,he has a pretty face,but there are also a lot of guys who are more handsome than him.

Just then the Mr. Jones, our school principal, walked over to me.

“Kayla dear,” called Mr. Jones,” Can you please step into my office for a moment.

“Am I in any sort of trouble sir?” I asked.

“Of course not,” he replied, “I just need to speak to you for a moment.”

I followed him to his office. His office was a large room. Practically everything inside was made out of wood. Everuthing in the room practically screamed antiqye. I'm not complaining though, because I myself love collecting antique. After admiring the office, I finally noticed a boy facing back and staring at the window. As I shut the door, the boy turned back and faced me.

“Kyla,” said Mr. Jones,

“Meet Alex Ryder. Alex, meet Kyla Summers. Alex here is new to this school and I would like you to show him around. I’ve given the two of you exact same schedules for this.”

He continued to Alex, “If you need any help or if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask Kayla.”

“But Mr. Jones,” I asked, “Why pick me out of all the people to do this?”

“Because Kayla,” he answered, “I don’t trust anyone else to do so. Alex here is a famous celebrity and I don’t trust anyone else in this school to welcome him properly and treat him well except for you. You should probably head to class now as the bell is going to ring anytime soon.”

“Yes Mr. Jones, we’ll be on our way now” I replied.

I looked at Alex and shrugged, “Come on, I don’t want to be late.”

Without waiting for a reply, I turned on my heel and head for the door.

This day will be fun, I sarcastically thought to myself.