Chapter 4

~Peeta~
I stand there in disbelief as I see my love heading towards me. It can't be. I start running as fast as I can toward her. I pull her into a huge hug and spin her around. She smiles too but it kind of looks fake and that's the only reaction I see. But I don't care. She's back and I carry her towards the hospital as she holds me tight. I didn't recognize it at first, but as I set her down, I notice her eyes are jet black. I look confused at her when all of a sudden, she puts me in a chokehold I can't get out of. All the doctors are panicking and out of the corner of my eye, I see Haymitch pull Katniss off. She looks at me with hatred trying to get out of Haymitch's arms. My heart is broken and I shed some tears. As I look at her, I see her eyes turn grey again and for about two seconds, I see the fear, hatred towards Snow, and sorrow. I recognize those eyes, but as they turn back to black, I become full of hatred towards Snow. They take her away and lock her up.

~Katniss~
After my little stunt, they take me to a different hospital room and they lock me to the bed. Somehow, through all of this Peeta still has hope for me. Which is ridiculous and stupid. The door opens and when I expect to find Peeta, I find Prim. I search my feelings and find nothing. By the way she talks to me, I find it soothing and nice. I decide I like her. The next person to come in us in fact Peeta. He sits on my bed and pats my leg. Then he starts recalling every nice moment we've ever shared to my disgust. I feel myself losing control as my eyes turn back gray.

I am so relived. I'm back and as I look up at Peeta, I feel tears down my face. We kiss each other, for all the days lost and then he holds me. I am so glad to be back in his arms. The doctors keep me on my bed for another day to see if I turn back, but I don't. Then they release me. I set off to go find Prim and everyone but they all turn out to be dining. I go there and as the door opens, everyone stares at me. The first person to see me is Peeta who pulls me in a hug. Then Prim. Then Haymitch. Then Effie. Effie! I pull her in the biggest hug. Then my mom. Then Plutarch shakes my hand. I look around for anyone and I see Gale sitting down and Coin looking up at me with what looks like hatred or envy. I decide to go sit with Gale. I rub his back as I sit down and I expect him to hug me, but instead he looks up at me. I know that look. It's hatred. Caused by Snow. But it's still his eyes. They believe in whatever Snow wants. As I back away gasping, Gale comes up to me to put me in a chokehold but I punch him instead. Then I run away. I needed to think. Gale is a spy for Snow. Gale is a spy for Snow.

"GALE IS A SPY FOR SNOW," I yell, remembering how bad it was there. Tears poor down my face as I realize my real torture is not the pain physically but the pain emotionally. Even away from him, he is still torturing me. I go to the control room to talk about it with Coin. I tell her about it, and she believes me. All of a sudden a Capitol message comes on. It's of course Snow and my feelings of hatred resurface.

"Hello my dear," he says.

"I HATE YOU!" I yell. Snow seems to laugh which makes me hate him more.

"I'm very disappointed that my Stage 2 plan didn't work out," he says. Stage 2? What did that mean? Did he have other plans for me.

"But am personally coming to get you," he says. The I recognize the room he's in. It's in District 13. I try to get out of the room when two peacekeepers keep me from leaving. I yell as loud as I can for Peeta, hoping he will come. Then Snow walks out. I'm sure he can see my expression of fear and he smiles. Then I remember I have a knife. I lunge towards him only to get blocked. Then he stabs me in the side of my stomach, catching me which was a mistake. I stab him in the heart and we fall together, enemy and enemy. I am not dead yet. But he is. Peeta comes in and knocks out the guards then Finnick takes Coin leaving just me and Peeta the only alive ones.

"I guess Snow got one last kill in before he died," I say sad. Peeta looks beyond sad. With hatred towards Snow. He's crying very much. I put my hand on his cheek.

"But you know what?" I ask him.

"What?" He sniffles out.

"I did too," I say with a chuckle. Peeta smiles with me and I feel myself drifting away. When I look over at Snow, I see him switch into a Peacekeeper.

"No!" I scream. Peeta follows my gaze and cries harder. The last thing I remember is looking up at the screen as Snow smiles and says, "You are finally dead,". I see relief in his face. Peeta chucks a chair at the screen, blacking it out.

"Peeta promise me something," I say.

"What?" He asks.

"Promise me you will kill Snow. Peeta promise me," I say.

"I can't do that, because you will survive this. You can kill him yourself," he says. I smile as I drift off to my endless sleep as I hear Peeta choke out "I love you". I manage to say it right before I'm gone. Forever.