Chapter 3

~Katniss~
As I am dragged away from the stage and to my cell, I feel enormous pain. My face is stinging the most and my vision is blurred from the blood. We do reach my cell and as they throw me in, I swear I hear bones breaking. I groan and try to go to sleep, only to find nightmares of my family dying. As I wake up, I notice peacekeepers heading my way. I pretend to still be asleep and as I wait for them to take me, they don't. Instead they take Annie. Now I know she can't survive this torture so I have to go. As I call out to the guards to take me instead, they come and drag me away, leaving Johanna and Annie surprised that I would ever put myself through this again. Instead of going to the torture chamber, we make a right, and I groan, audibly, thinking we are going to Snow. I am relieved when we find ourselves in a different room. Well I'm relieved for a second. That changes when I see a metal table and straps attached to it. I try to push away but with no prevail. They strap me to the table, with my resistances as I try to break free. But it's no use. I'm laying there as Snow comes in. I struggle some more, knowing I have to get out. But I can't. I'm trapped. One of Snow' servants walks in with two syringes filled with a brown liquid of some sort. Snow takes a white rose from his pocket and puts it in my hair, brushing my cheek as struggle even more to get out with all my hatred towards Snow. He takes a syringe and flicks the top of it, as a liquid comes out, taunting me as I flinch.

"I HATE YOU," I yell at him.

"You will soon change your mind after this," he says. Then he plunges the syringe in my shoulder as a single tear comes down my face. The pain is terrible as I remember almost every memory from my life. From me volunteering at the reaping to Peeta and I's last kiss. When I open my eyes, I see Peeta standing there. But there's something different about him. He unshackles my restraints and I pull him into a big hug when I smell blood and roses. I instantly knew what it meant, but I had to keep pretending. I get the perfect opportunity when Peeta a.k.a Snow steps back and I punch him. Instantly guards come in and hook me back up to the table. My plan of punch and run had failed. I starting yelling at anybody in the room, particularly Snow.

"YOU EVIL TWISTED MAN!" I yell.

"Yes, I am evil," he says with a devilish chuckle and the last thing I see is his stupid smile as I black out. When I wake up, the world seems glossy. Perfect. Maybe even a little to perfect. Snow walks up to me and what I expect my feelings towards him of hatred, they aren't. They're of admiration. I know somethings not right, but it's like I'm sleeping walking. I can't control it. Then I remember. Peeta trying to kill me. He stabbed my stomach, but I was saved by the Capitol. It was all part of the rebel plan. They wanted me dead. Tears pour down my cheeks as I try to process this. I look up at Snow, looking for answers. He tells me his plan to get revenge. I am to go to District 13 and while I am there, I will kill Peeta. After him, then Coin. Then everyone else I thought I knew, but have actually been lying to me. I nod my head in agreement. He takes me to a nice room where there is a prison jumpsuit waiting for me. I ask him why I have to put it on, and he says to convince the traitors I escaped. I nod, thinking this is a great plan. I get some sleep and when I wake up, I put it on. Then I walk into the bathroom. I see my face, only it doesn't look like my face. I see scars and bruises. And my eyes, they are jet black. Surprised, my eyes turn back to the normal color while I remember everything. Then they turn back to black as more hatred grows inside of me. I have to kill Peeta. And I will.

~Prim~
For as long as I can remember, Katniss has been there for me. She's kept me from starving, saving my life. She's volunteered for me at the most horrific and stupid games ever, saving my life. Now she's getting tortured somewhere, being forced to do things, probably to save my life. But it all feels like it's my fault. It's been about a week or so since Katniss showed her face to warn us about the bombs, again saving all of her lives. I know she definitely got punished for that because I heard her screams and yelling at Snow, telling him how much she hates him. She does crack the screen of the camera so I can't see what's happening. She's the most bravest, stubborn, and sometimes stupid person I have ever met. Tears spill down my face as I remember that memory vividly. Everyone thinks Katniss is gone, probably dead, but I don't think so. She is alive and out there.