Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

Moving away was horrible , I had to leave so much behind , my friends my home , everything but I had to , now that my parents are gone I have nothing there for me but memories and sometimes it’s better to lock them in a box and store it away at the back of your mind.

The airplane ride to America wasn't as bad as I thought It would be , pulling my hood up to cover my face , I put my headphones on and tried to fall asleep but as usual sleep was hard to find. Ever since the day the murder happened.

I remember when I wasn't so quiet , I was full of life I smiled like my life depend on it , everyone in the town called me smiley as there wouldn't be one day without me smiling. Smile can change a person’s day my mum taught me and smile away I used to. 

Yet now I can't smile without remembering my mum, every smile I do now is fake, I mean what's the point I don't have a reason to smile anymore.

Getting off the airplane after collecting my luggage I went to the entrance , since I had no family apart from my mum and dad , I was told that I'd be taken to a boarding school that my mum and dad planned for me the day I was born , something to do with heritage I guess. 

As I stepped out the sun temporally blinded me as I used my hands to shade my eyes , I wasn't used to the sun as back in the UK the sun would come out once in a while, sad right?

I scanned the place looking for a card that has my name on it, some old guy with a butler looking uniform was impatiently waiting for me, and he was tapping his foot looking at his watch as he had somewhere better to be. 

He looked at me before asking “You wouldn't be Miss Brown by any chance" 

“Yes I am, but can you call me Mercy I don't like being called Miss Brown" I told him as I got into the car, without looking at him.

"Well I'll be taking you to your new home or school, whichever you want it to be" he spoke looking at me through the mirror.

"I don't have a home, not anymore" I muttered to myself.

The drive to the boarding school was long and tiring, the boarding school was situated outside the city of Seattle it’s reserved and is surrounded by trees which is kind of freaky but I thought nothing of it.

Finally we drove up a long drive through, until we finally reached the entrance of the school.

The boarding school looked as if it came right out a fairy tale book , it looked like a castle , it was big you had to lean your head back to actually see the top of the school , it had sort of magical eerie sense around it. 

"Welcome to Holte boarding school" the butler told me as he walked off.

 The butler just walked leaving me at the entrance of the school.

"hello , ain't you gonna tell me where I'm meant to go?" I asked.

The butler just glanced at me before going to where ever butlers go to.

"Fat lot of help you are" I muttered kicking a stone, before I walked to the entrance.

The reception was right next to the entrance , making it easier for me to find it without having to walk a lot.

There was an intercom button that I had to press to gain the receptionist attention , pressing the button I waited patiently for the receptionist to come. I sat down as I looked at my surroundings , the reception was a grey colour not one that would bring your mood down , but actually made the room seem brighter , the chairs where black leather that made you want to lie down relax on it, I glanced at the clock 20 minutes has past.