Block out the pain - Chapter 3

Writers note- So so so sorry for the long wait! i know its been absolutely ages, but i've had exams and stuff, i've still got English left, but as its the half term i have more time.

Anyway, there is quite a lot if my OC in here- Rebecca. How do you feel about OC's? Do you like them or?

Also, if you're wondering the song is called "If it kills me-Jason Mraz" i thought it really fitted in with that part.

Warnings- slight swearing, and a little bit of angst, sorry.

anytime enjoy! :D

He knew it wasn't helping. But Max kept pounding the walls. In rhythm, like a heart beat. Boom, boom, boom.

"Mate, stop!" Tom whimpered from the corner, where he sat confused. Chewing his nails down to stub, blood leaking around them, until it looked like an island floating on a red sea. 

Max glanced over, continuing to slam his sore fists into the wall. Why was he stuck with such a baby!? Maybe he could teach Tom to be harder. Otherwise he'll be eaten alive.

He started to slow do the hits, relishing as he imagined her heart beat slowly dying too. A crazed expression appeared on his face. Wild eyes and a wide smile. He turned to Tom, carefully making his way towards him, his shoes clicking on the dull tiles. "And what crime did you commit huh?" he said bending down in front of Tom. Frowning as Tom sat there, body rigid and in shock. He was scared. What could he say that wouldn't make Max crazy? Was it just best to sit there and blink?

"Well?" Max sniffed.

"I-um, multiple Car theft..."

Max laughed, it echoed around the room, bouncing off the four walls and landing right back in toms face. Rolling his eyes Max stood up, walking back to the bunk bed. "Why the fuck are you with me then?" 

"Oh-um, I don't know. I think-um, I think the officer said there wasn't enough, er, room anyway else."

Max sighed. Trust him to get the pussy. "Look mate, one rule; speak when spoken too. And that will be the only time. Or," he slammed his fist into the brick wall, "that."

It was a lazy day. Duvet day. Rebecca climbed about of bed, shoving her huge feet into her White slippers. She began to make her way downstairs, dragging her duvet behind her. Blearily, she wiped her eyes, before dumping her quilt onto the sofa and headed to the kitchen. Cursing as he hit her head on a low beam. Why was she so tall? Feet so big? Nose so large? Big hands? But her personality so small. No-one really cared about her except Ava. They just couldn't be bothered to get past her timid exterior. Sliding down onto a harden wooden chair, Rebecca let her mind wonder. Fantasy after fantasy of Jay appearing at her door, smiling as he gave her beautiful flowers. They would go upstairs and talk for hours about anything and everything. Play fighting and laughing. "Perfect." she sighed, standing up and pouring herself some apple juice. She lifted her arm up and rooted around in the cupboard, finally reaching what she needed. Turning the package over in her hands, she sighed for what must have been the 100th time that day. Opening it, her fingers quivered as she ripped off the foil. 3? Would that make the pain go away? 10? Forever? No. She popped out three, swallowing them quickly, and made her way back to the sofa. Slumping down, she wrapped her feet up underneath her. Glancing once over to the picture of Ava on her coffee table. Looking as pretty as she always did. Rebecca couldn't look at it anymore. Not until the drugs started to work. She slammed it face down, and lifted her duvet over her head. Why couldn't she stay like this forever?

"How you holding up mate?" Nathan asked as he pulled out a coke from the fridge.

"Alright, i guess. But how do you think Rebecca is?"

"I dunno." Nathan murmured clearly not interested.

"I should call her."

"Okay."

Jay sighed and told himseld he would regret it, but he did it anyway, becasue everything hurt. He pulled his phone and hit the call list, then pressed the green button and waited. A few moments later, a voice answered.

"Hello?"

"It's Jay, how are you feeling babe?"

Rebecca smiled slightly, knowing Jay was calling her, to see if she was alright made her heart soar. Only in her wildest dreams was this possible. Yeah, he called her alot, but it was always platonic. Gosh! Now just because he called her up, she's thinking their marridge is tomorrow.

"Yeah, holding up."

 "Doesn't sound like it." Jays brow furrowed as his imagined Rebecca sitting there all alone. He had never admitted it to anyone, but he liked her. She was kinda cute. Often, she was over looked by Ava, and while she was alive, Jay had to admit he had fallen under this spell as well. Ava was pretty perfect, but seeing Rebecca now, so was she. One day he'll talk to her, tell her how he's feeling. But he couldn't right now, maybe not for a couple of years. Alll he could vision is Rebecca's, smypathy spreading across it as she replied saying she just didn't love him.

If i should be so bold

I'd ask you to hold my heart in your hand

I'd tell you from the start how i've longed to be your man

But i never said a word

I guess i'm gonna miss my chance again 

Jay shook his head violently, trying to get the thoughts out of his head, causing Nathan to look over, confusion glinting in his eyes.

"I'm coming over." Jay decided.