Chapter 1

A/N:

Hey, it's my first fanfic, I hope you like it :)

For the purpose of this, 5sos are not as famous and Mikey is only 17.

Anna's POV:

Its the first day of the summer holidays, and to be quite honest, I don't really have any plans so far.

I mean don't get me wrong, i live for the summer but at the same time, I miss school, seeing my friends everyday is pretty great.

I had the house to myself all weekend, my parents had gone away somewhere for their anniversary and my little bro was away on a football camp. I texted a couple of the girls last night to invite them over for a movie day but that wasn't until tomorrow, so I was alone for the day.

It was probably time i got up, so I drew open the curtains, shielding my face from the bright sun streaming in.

Today would be a great day to go down to the beach, it was only a five minute walk and to be honest I could do with some relaxation after a hectic last week of term.

I threw on a bikini, some shorts and a t-shirt, then grabbed my rucksack to fill with the necessities of a beach trip.

I was almost out the door when I realised I left my towel.

Jesus Anna, you'd leave your arse behind if it wasn't attached.

~

Finally getting out the house, i made my way to the beach, softly humming along to my iPod.

By the time I got there, it was pretty packed for only midday and my usual spot was already taken by an elderly couple.

Great I thought to myself and walked further along the beach to find a nice spot near some shade.

I laid down my towel, whipped off my shorts and t-shirt and ran into the sea, gasping from the sudden temperature change as the cool water covered my body.

I swam lazily up and down for a while, basking in the summer heat. I stopped for a minute and looked out at the sea, admiring the shimmer from the sun.

Suddenly I heard a giant splash, someone must have jumped in the water, off of one of the groynes behind me, soaking my hair that I was intending to keep dry. I was about to turn round and flip them the finger when I felt two hands grab my waist and start tickling me.

I knew those rough hands, then turned around so I was facing him and threw my hands around his torso, giving him a big hug.

"FELIX! I haven't seen you for so long!" I exclaimed.

"Hey, it's been a while!" he replied and released me from his built arms.

He lead me up the beach and I sat down on my towel, grabbing my sun cream, applying it to my arms and legs.

"Can you put some on my back please?"

I chucked him the bottle and lifted up my hair. I flinched slightly as he sprayed the cold liquid onto my back. He rubbed it in and damn, it felt good.

I snapped myself out of it, we had history.

Laying down, I placed my sunglasses on my face and closed my eyes.

I was just starting to drift off when he poked my side,

"I'm gonna go grab an ice cream, you want one?"

"Yeah please" reaching for my purse.

"No, I'll pay, what do you want?"

"Surprise me" I chuckled to myself.

~

Looking around I spotted my neighbours walking down the beach and waved.

I was close to their daughter, Cat, she was two years younger than me and she was my sister from another mister.

She ran towards me so I leapt up and pulled her into a hug.

"Hey, who was the guy with you, he was hot!" She giggled.

"He just a friend, I could introduce you to him if you want?"

"Really?! You're the best!" She smiled, blushing.

"I know" I said, laughing.

She laid her towel down next to mine and stripped down to her bikini too.

"You're gonna burn if you're not careful, you're so pale!" I chucked the sun cream at her.

We chatted about boys and school, catching up with the gossip.

~

Felix came back looking slightly bewildered.

"Sorry I took so long, there was a pretty long queue, here you go" handing me a magnum, he must have remembered they were my favourite.

"Thanks" I replied, smiling to myself, cherishing the memory.

"Who's this?" Gesturing towards Cat.

"Oh, this is Cat, I spotted her and invited her to come sit with me, she's my neighbour"

Felix turned to face her "Hey, I'm Felix"

And promptly sat down next to her.

They got into a conversation straight away, appearing to hit it off almost immediately.

I sighed and turned away, I can't be dealing with all that flirting stuff, it just makes me sad.

I lay tanning for another couple of hours, half-listening into the conversation going on beside me, they were acting like a couple already. Opening my eyes, I reached for my bag grabbing my phone and checking the time.

"Woah, 4 o'clock already, I better be going" I said to Cat and Felix, getting up to put my clothes back on.

I placed all my things back in my rucksack and gave them both a quick hug.

"Look after her okay" looking at Felix.

"I will, don't worry, bye!"

"See ya!" I shouted whilst walking back up the beach.

I guess they call them an ex for a reason.