WCGW: Chapter 1

"So where are we going for this winter?" I asked Mom while she was baking a batch of chocolate chip cookies. 

"I'm not sure honey. Your dad said that we could go to some place that doesn't need to be spent on some high cost." she replied, spreading the Hershey chocolate pieces among each of the cookies.

"Can we climb on Mount Everest?" I asked, having a feeling that she would say it was a ridiculous idea. It's not a normal occasion for a fifteen year old to go climbing during the time of a winter break.

"Why would you think of such a thing?" she asked, frowning as she inserted the cookie tray right into the preheated oven.

"I'm a curious person you know." I informed her. It's true. I've been curious about anything and almost about everything ever since I was born. If you'd asked anyone I knew, whether it was a person part of my lineage, my friends, or even my teachers of some who I've loathed for some years, they'd know me for sure. 

"I've known that the minute you were born. Your sparkling brown eyes shined light and curiousity into the room. Remember the time when you wanted to look at a frog's anatomy at the age of eight years old?" she reminisced.

"Yes, I remember it clearly. You always tell the story whenever people's around or whenever you feel like to." I groaned heavily. It's tiring to hear the same story over and over again coming from the same person's mouth.

"You caught the frog from the pond a couple days after your eight birthday. And..." she started telling the story again.

"I got some scissors from the sky and cut the frog open. Then after that..." I continued, stretching out the story a bit.

"Now wait just a second, that's definitely not what happened." she interrupted. Here we go again. Mom has to tell the story to anyone, even me, specifically what had happened. "This is what happened. You got some scissors from the backyard. You went to the pond, stuck your hand into it, and held a frog on your hand."

"Then I disected the frog and everything ended in a happily ever after. The end." I said, completing up the story so I could continue on with the conversation of the winter family vacation.

"Okay." Mom said awkwardly. 

Ding!! went the sound of the cooking alarm. 

"Oh, that must mean the cookies are ready to be delivered! That was right on time!" 

"Where are we delivering them to?" I asked, confused. I thought that the cookies were just for eating at home, not to be sent to some relatives or what not.

"To the plate of course!" she exclaimed. Mom pulled out the cookie tray that brought out a perfectly wonderful smell. The smell of baked goodness, choclatey cookie goodness. 

"Planet what?" 

"Planet of plates!" she exclaimed once again. 

"And where is that?" I asked. I have asked my mom about three questions and this gives a hint that I have quite of an imagination... for questions.

"The dishwasher!" she exalted. I shook my head, not because of my mom's extreme exaggeration and happiness, but because this was going out of her mind.

I took a glass clear plate out of the 'Planet Dishwasher', as Mom had said, and placed it on the table. I grabbed a large napkin out of the napkin holder and layed it out on the surface of the plate. Mom came to me and fished out the cookies with the long silver spatula. She carefully sent the cookies from the tray and into the plate.

I took one cookie and continued talking with Mom. "So where can we go, since climbing Mount Everst was such a silly idea?" 

"How about Stone Mountain, in Georgia?"