Chapter 14

The event had started. I wore my black dress and nice Jimmy choos shoes and hair done up nicely with my make-up.

I walk on the red carpet next to the children that agreed to join me.

Their private lives was all that mattered to me. But now that they're grown, the choices is all to them.

We sat at our seats. What caught my eye was an empty seat next to me.

"And this?" I asked Henry that sat on the other side of the empty chair.

"Oh, someone will be joining us in a few minutes later on." Henry smiled and give the girls a wink.

"I didn't know you're seeing someone." I smiled at Henry that just gave a chuckle looking at the front at one of the men going on stage.

"Welcome everyone. All actresses, actors and stars. Tonight we're here to celebrate best categories." The man said and send a smile my way. "Hallo. Again."

I gave a laugh and greet him back.

"You look stunning tonight Meryl." He smiled and look behind the stage then back at me.

"Thank you." I mouthed at him giving Mamie a smile that placed her hand in mine that was on my lab.

"Before we start, I'd like to give over to someone that's here tonight to change a few lives, his included. He's known as a shy man that minds his own business and doesn't take the risks Meryl would take." He said. I gave a laugh same as the people in the audience. "But besides that he's got a lot of heart. He had putten together all his strenght to do this tonight. Give a warm welcome to Meryl Streep's ex-husband, Don Gummer."

I gave a shocking look at the handsome Don that came forwars to the microphone clearing his throat.

I didn't expect this at all. What is he going to do? What do I do?

I knew the children looked at me with a proud smile before focusing back on their dad that found my eyes.

"Meryl, this is one of the most insane things I have ever done in my life. I didn't even prepare a speech or plan this because I'm not you..." He said letting a few chuckles surround the room. "But this is for you."

I'm too shock to react. He's not embarrassing. It's just...this is nothing like I had expected.

"You look beautiful tonight though. You always do. The best view I had ever gotten from you was when I woke up next to you. It was like I would look at the most beautiful angel I had ever seen. I'm no better without you. But when I'm with you, I feel like I can count all the stars at once, catch all the planets and walk in heaven with you." He gave a smile and it was obvious that there was tears in his eyes. "I'm afraid to open up my eyes and find you gone or dead. I'm afraid to die alone. I'm afraid of not being able to tell you how I feel. If this place explode apart, I want my last vision to be you and the children. I won't regret us giving us another shot Meryl, I won't. You wanna know why? Because I'm inlove with you Mary Louise Gummer."

I gave a little gasp with tears in my eyes standing up from my chair about to cry with everyone screaming in joy.

"I don't want to live another day without you Meryl. I won't." He added.

To my surprise I ran up to the stage giving him a tight hug. No kiss. Just a hug. Why not a kiss? Wait for it.

"Can we try again?" He asked looking at me.

"Of course." I replied with a smile touching his cheek. "Why? Because I'm also inlove with you Donald Gummer."

I gave a smile and slowly placed my lips on his causing a wilderness in the hall. I gave a chukle during our make out session infront of the whole world enjoying this moment like it's gonna be my last.

"We should get out of here." He whispered in my ear when it all turned into a hug.

I gave a gasp slapping him teasinly on the chest giving him a kiss afterwards.