Together

**Guys I did it! There is a Walking dead TellTale game reference in here! Small, but it's there! Comment if you find it! God I love that game!!xx**

"What do you mean Daryl left?! Where the hell is Oscar?!"

"Oscar didn't make it back." Ricks lowers his head and tears fill your eyes.

"And Daryl?" Your voice breaks.

"Did Daryl ever tell you about Merle?"

"Yeah, he died in Atlanta. Cut off his hand."

"Well yes thats what we thought," Rick started "but he was there, he was the one that took Maggie and Glen to Woodbury. So Daryl chose to leave with Merle."

"He Chose?"

"He said Merle was blood, said it was him and Merle before us."

"You made him choose?!"

"Merle is a danger to us all. We couldn't allow him here."

"No, Rick! Daryl is gone because you made him choose!"

Carol wraps an arm around you and pulls you tight.

"Shh he's gonna be fine."

"Yes I know, but I won't" Tears run down your face as you force Judith into Carol's arms and run towards the gate.He was the only good thing in this world, the only one that you would die in order to protect and now he's gone. You ignore the shouts of protest from the members of the group and lock it behind you. All the walkers stumble towards you as you get your katana at the ready. "Fucking!" You slice open the closest walker's head. "Disease ridden!" Another walker drops to the ground. "Dick heads!"

"Stop!" Maggie shouts rattling the gates. You find that shouting obscenities at every walker you kill makes you feel a little better and soon you have killed all of the walkers surrounding the prison so, you decide to see if you can find anymore close by.

You kill off all walkers in sight and hunt for squirrel until you hear the unmistakable sound of gunshots. You run back to the opening of the woods, watching in terror as you see a cattle truck drive through the fence and unload walkers into the front courtyard. You see the walkers slowly close in on Hershel and Rick but you were trapped until the cattle truck left. You cut your way thought the walkers until you reach Hershel. You slice them away and Help Hershel up. You see two silouhettes helping Rick and decide he has enough help as it is. You help Hershel up and clear a path through the walkers to get inside.

"Thank you," He breaths "that was a close one

Back inside you see Carol holding Judith"Could you please take her? I need a minute."

"Of course" 

A crying Judith is handed to you by Carol and you begin to walk back to your cell. You place her down in the cot and start whispering a small song.

"Atop the cracks and cliffs, the air is thin.

So we'll find a mountain path on down the hill.

Meet me where the now melt flows, it is there my dear where we'll begin again.

Skipping stones, braiding hair.

Last years antlers, mark the trend.

Take us back,

Oh,

take us back,

Oh take us,

take us back.

take us back,

oh,

take us back,

oh take us,

take us back

Ohhh Ohhh oo oo oo

I've a friend who lives out by the rivers mouth,

he knows the fiddles cry is an old sound.

Alonesome by the creeks and moans of empty houses, are songs like fallen rain.

Wind blown buildings, muddy ground.

The strength of water, can sink a man."

By the end of the song Judith is fast asleep. You stand there looking at the small bundle of innocence lay on the cot before you. No child should ever have to witness such a world as this.

"That was beautiful" His gruff redness accent fills the silence. Your head jerks round, your light (e/c) eyes locking with his icy blue ones. "Hey" He whispers.

You pounce on him. He chuckles lightly, as you slide to the floor. You both tackle each other into bear hugs and small kisses.

"Don't ever do that again." Your eyes are filled with tears.

"Don't worry sweetheart, never again. I'm sorry." He pulls you into a passionate kiss while making a fist in your hair. He flips you over, so he is on top, without breaking the kiss. He makes sure he isn't putting to much of his weight on you. As he pushes his tongue into your mouth.

"Well, well little brudder. Got y'self a nice piece of ass there. Gonna have t' borrow 'er sometime."

Daryl pulls away pouncing up like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

"Shut the fuck up Merle!" Daryl shouts taking a threatening step towards his older brother.

"Y' better watch y' mouth Darylina!" Merle pushes Daryl backwards then looks at you. "Y' ever need a real man, y come t' me, alright sugar tits?"

"I said shut the fuck up!" Daryl shouts

"Relax man, I'm just messin' with y', " He holds out his only hand for you to take. Hesitantly you grasp it and he helps you up.

Daryl watches Merle with angry eyes.

"So y' must be (f/n), been bangin' on 'bout y' as soon as he came with me" Merle said signaling to Daryl.  "Y' got 'im wrapped round y' little finger."

Daryl sends him a death glare as an obvious blush covered his face.

"Get out Merle!"

Judith started to cry and you ran to the side of the cot.

"Idiots!" you hiss " You woke the baby!"

"I don't remember you tellin' me you were a dad too. You been busy?" Merle laughed.

"She ain't mine" Daryl hissed, the blush becoming darker by the second.

"She's Rick's" You say scooping her from the crib.

"Ohhh, officer friendly had himself a kid."

"Another kid, actually." You correct him "He already had Carl. Now go before I put you on baby duty."

Merle hold up his hands in mock surrender. "Don't do babies." With that he left the room.

"Sorry 'bout 'im, told y' he was an asshole."

"Its fine," A small smile formed on your lips "brothers are always alike."

"Hey." He gently ruffles your hair playfully. "I ain't half the asshole he is."

"I'm know. I was joking."

"I know, so was I. I'm a way bigger asshole than him" He laughs and kisses your cheek. Judith grabs his fingers and he chuckles.

"Hey there Judith," he whispers kissing her hand again. "How's my little ass kicker doin'? "

She just stares at him with wide eyes and a smile. Daryl wraps his left arm around your waist while Judith keeps hold of the fingers on his other hand. If anyone new was to walk in on you they would just think you looked like a small, happy family fighting through this bullshit world. Together.