7 Minutes in Heaven Chapter 26

Short chapter... (-_-) nonetheless, I hope you like it! It's more of a filler chapter though.

-------------------------------

I was greeted with the soft beam of sunlight along with enveloping warmth—I was encased by a pair of arms. Our legs were tangled, his face buried in the crook of my neck where I felt that warm, appeasing breath. My face was buried in his chest, my hands flat, laid out on his eight-pack. It took me a mere moment to realize we were naked underneath the covers, and we just made it to home base last night—all the way. And in all honesty, I didn’t regret my decision. Not one bit.

Little did I know that, making love for the first time and with my boyfriend, Nate Stanford, would be the best experience in my life? I had to admit that there would be at times during it that he’d show his hesitancy to keep going; I had urged him to, of course. I would never forget the way we interconnected and became one. The way he straddled me and held me in such a possessive, rough, and passionate way that I knew I couldn’t escape even if I wanted to. Obviously, I never planned to escape at all.

Towards the beginning, he was gentle, I admit, but later on it roughened to the point where we had reached the climax. But despite the intensity held in those captivating neon blue eyes, I knew there was that tender gaze he was really looking at me with. Our languid kisses and soft, breath-hitching caresses surely sent me the message—and confirmed me—that this wasn’t going to just be a simple hookup where he’d immediately leave me the next morning. That was my biggest fear that he’d leave me in the morning. I knew that, albeit he’s had experience and had one-night stands about a thousand times, there was no way he could’ve been treating me with such gentleness and care without it meaning something. I knew he couldn’t be just doing that to fool me. It was real.

I smiled at the memory of last night, and Nate pulled me closer to him, still in a deep sleep. My head slowly lifted up to look at his face buried into my neck. I pushed it away from me gently and studied his sleeping face. It was free of worry and smugness. Rather, it was washed away and replaced with a mask of complete serenity. It was the best expression he’s ever had in his life.

I planted small kisses on his chest, neck, and face. He let out a groggy groan, and I suppressed a light chuckle. His hold on me tightened, and I finally pressed my lips to his in hopes of finally snapping him out of his little dreamland. Slowly, Nate’s eyes fluttered open, and the hand he had on my back started to rub up and down and I heaved a relaxed and pleased sigh.

A tiny smirk flashed across his face before he mumbled, “Jae-Hwa…”

I couldn’t help but break into a smile as always. No matter how hard I try, I’m always found spellbound by the sweet hush of my name, said by the guy I love so, so very much.

“Morning,” I mumbled back, a little more chirpily as I flashed a smile.

He returned the smile before softly grazing his lips against mine; taunting me with a kiss we were both anticipating. That shockwave of electricity sent volts coursing through my body incessantly, as well as the numbing heat burning my face little by little with each shade of red.

Nate tucked a tendril of hair behind my ear as he asked quietly, “How are you?” The wide grin plastered on my face widened, giving my obvious answer. He smiled. “I had an amazing night, too,” he whispered into my ear.

“You know,” I began softly, “I was afraid…”

His face twisted up into a perplexed expression. “Afraid?”

I gave a slow nod. “I was afraid that you were going to leave me first thing in the morning,” I confessed. Nate gave me such a somber face, I regretted even mentioning that. Stupid, stupid Jemma! I mentally slapped myself just before he pressed his forehead against mine.