Chapter 5: Peace and Serenity

Author's Note (AN):hi there! first and foremost, thank you for reading PBM (: second, if you like it, vote for it please? and of course, i'm open to all kinds of comments, even criticisms because i wanna know where i can improve (: thank you again! <3

——

             Arriving at Hogwarts, Leighton felt as if she was in prison stuck with cellmates she just can't stand. She couldn't wait until the Sorting Ceremony and the first dinner of the year at the Great Hall was finished. As soon as it was finished, she would run down to the dungeons and change her clothes. She didn't eat much since she was pretty wrecked and she couldn't taste the food properly. It probably tasted great, as it always does, but right now, she just had no appetite. She lost it the day she knew that Draco Malfoy was going to be her soon-to-be fiancé. It just sounded so wrong. She couldn't even look at him while he didn't try to hide that he was ogling her in front of everyone. Pansy was making loud complaints to Draco, "hey! I'm right here, Draco! Your girlfriend?"

             Blaise couldn't stand Pansy's annoying voice any longer so he slammed his goblet on the table and cursed, "Damn it, Pansy! Quit your yapping!" which immediately made Pansy shut her mouth. For the first time, Leighton was glad Blaise interrupted her. She had to put up an explanation for the three girls back in the train which was why she knew that Pansy was not going to turn on her. Even if she did, Leighton didn't care. All that she cared about at the moment was talking to Harry as soon as they both could and to get out of the stupid engagement which she was barely even in on and yet it was already choking her.

              As soon as she was done, she didn't linger any longer on the table; Leighton stood up only to be stopped by Daphne, "hey, where are you going? We haven't had dessert yet," she whined as she motioned for Leighton to sit back down but Leighton lightly took her arm away from Daphne,

             "I'm on a diet, can't have dessert. I'll just change. Meet you in the common rooms later, okay?" Leighton made a lame excuse but it was bought by the others so she quickly took off. Draco followed her with his eyes and his cold, gray pair narrowed a little.

             Harry noticed that Leighton took off early and he knew why. He looked at Hermione and Ron who also understood what it meant. They talked about the up-coming tournament before a bunch of them all agreed to go up to the Gryffindor common room and relax. Relaxing was at the least of his mind right now. He just wanted to talk to Leighton as soon as possible. For now, he has to go with the rest of the guys and wait for the right time to sneak out.

              Leighton has been dressed for 'bed' already. She had her favorite deep purple silk robe on top of her black shirt and faded denim shorts. She needs to be ready by the time the clock strikes 11. Breaking the rules was something she had done a couple of times before and she had her fair share of being caught and being sent to detention but she couldn't care less about getting caught at the moment. As she heard people coming in inside the Slytherin common room, Leighton positioned herself on the foot of her bed, in front of the full length mirror, and started brushing her hair. A few minutes later, the door swung open and in came the three girls whom she previously shared the train cabin with. Pansy started to complain, yet again, about Draco towards Leighton who just rolled her eyes and dismissed her as she said, "you should just find another guy, that's all. Like... Blaise, for instance," then at that, the other two started to agree and the three of them started to huddle up and talk about Blaise, his good points and bad ones, other cute boys in Slytherin, cute boys from the other houses, and then went to talking about their hair and whatever the hell girls talk about. If Leighton was a normal girl, she would also engage into this conversation and giggle, but she wasn't, so she simply turned off the light on her bedside table and said, "good night, girls," and got three almost unanimous, "good night, Leighton," before she pulled the covers on her and pretended to sleep. It wasn't long before the other three were also tucked in bed and fast asleep.