Chapter 8: Sizzling Start

AN: hi guys! finally updated this after a reeeeally long time. so sorry about that but life just happened! so i'm still pumped and continuing this, however, if this chapter doesn't get to at least 5 votes, i won't continue to publish it on wattpad anymore despite having two chapters finished after this one. so if you guys liked it and still want me to post here, do vote! so i'd know if there's still a point in posting here. thank you!

————-

A day after the Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students arrived at Hogwarts, Leighton found her sister, Georgina, having breakfast at the Ravenclaw table with other Beauxbaton girls and a handful of Ravenclaw girls whom they were chatting up with. Leighton smiled to herself and went over to her sister, tapping her shoulder, "good morning, Geor-, I mean, Rayleigh."

The other Ravenclaw girls sent glares and stares at her which she was used to already. Georgina's eyes looked like they were about to pop out of their sockets but she managed to compose herself and gave Leighton a small smile, "Guten Morgen, kleine Schwester," good morning, little sister, she replied through her gritted teeth. Somehow, that made Leighton smile a bit. She knew how much Georgina disliked being compared to her but she has always found that a bit odd since Georgina's always good in whatever it she does. She's even their mother's favorite. Then again, their father seemed to favor her more than Georgina. Even so, Georgina was their perfect daughter. How can she ever even compare herself to her?

"Is this your sister? The one you always talk about?" one of the Beauxbatons girls asked Georgina with a very heavy French accent and silvery hair. Leighton had to keep herself from staring since she looked absolutely stunning and had these large, blue eyes that could almost peer into one's soul.

"Ah, yes, she is," Georgina replied, a little bit flustered to at the last question. "This is Leighton, my little sister," she said gesturing at the brunette, "Leigh, this is Fleur Delacour, my... best friend," Georgina introduced Leighton to the beautiful silver haired girl who stood up and kissed both Leighton's cheeks that took her by surprise since she was just about to stretch out her hand for her to shake.

"Pleasure to finally meet you, Leighton," Fleur said while smiling widely, showing her perfectly white and even teeth.

Leighton awkwardly patted Fleur's back and just smiled and nodded her head, "a pleasure to meet you too, Fleur," she replied with a bit of hesitance. Georgina never mentioned her before. Then again, the two of them weren't really the closest of sisters.

I wonder what Georgie told her about me? Leighton then thought to herself as she was introduced to the other Beauxbatons girls who all just smiled and nodded at her.

Leighton could see that Georgina was quite uncomfortable with her there and talking to her friends, so she excused herself and as she was about to turn around, a loud, booming voice called out her name, "Leighton!" surprising her and whirling around towards the doorway to see who it was.