Chapter 4:

Here's Chapter 4! Read up!

Superboy watched as his punch to the ground, sent a shockwave of dirt and debris over the hill. Finally realizing what he had done was going to bring disaster, he wished he knew what to do to get it to stop. The clone watched as his biological father flew higher for a better view of the mess, glared at him for making it, and flew into the city to attempt to halt the seismic event. Once again, he was nothing compared to his father, the great and powerful Superman. Superboy frowned at the mess he had caused, then turned, and walked back to his motorcycle. He climbed on, and rode off, since he knew he didn't need to be given the angered glare by his father, and he also knew that it didn't matter what he did as a hero, because his biological father would always hate and despise him for his existence, even when he had no choice in the matter. As the clone rode off, he never caught the glimpse of Superman looking down at him, his face concerned.

Superboy rode down a different route, and decided to leave Metropolis, thinking if a seismic event was something only he could do to irritate his father, then he had better leave. However, he was stopped by the Man of Steel himself, but only mildly glared at him. Superman asked, "So um...what happened back there, ah, Superboy?" The clone grunted, "None of your concern." He crossed his arms to appear bolder than he was really feeling at the moment. Superman replied, his voice firmer, "Listen, I may not know much about you, or have any idea how it could of happened, but what you do in my city is of my concern, when it endangers the lives of civilians. What you did back there was stupid. Creating a seismic event can harm people, even if you don't realize it." "You can fly. You can save them all. You always do it alone.", Superboy answered, growing angrier by the moment. Superman hesitated for a moment before saying, "Go back to the Cave. They'll need you there.", then he flew off, the red cape flapping behind him. Superboy watched some more, then rode off back down the road. Although he wasn't one to obey orders, since he didn't like them, he thought he would go back to see M'gann, and not because a member of the League, more importantly his father, told him to.

When he arrived at the base of the Cave, the clone climbed off, and went back inside. M'gann exclaimed, "Oh! You're back! Where'd you go? Did I say something? Are you..." Superboy frowned, and went to sit on the couch, where both Robin and Wally were playing a video game. He picked up the remote, and pushed one of the buttons, immediately cutting the two off their game, and bringing in the static. Wally asked, trying to keep his voice calm and unangered, "Hey Supey! Why'd you do that? We were in the middle of a game." Robin tapped him on the shoulder, and both spun around, and saw Superboy's frowning face. The Bird said, "Dude, he looks pretty mad. Maybe we ought to not question his choices, as he could rip us apart..." Wally agreed, "Yeah... I remember the last time he was mad at us... don't want to deal with it again. Hey Supes, the TV's all yours." Both left the room, and Superboy watched the TV static. As he did however, he couldn't drown out the sounds that were around him. He could hear Wally trying to hit on M'gann, by saying, "Hey sweet thang, these delicious cookies are as sweet as you are." Then he heard Artemis jab the ginger in the gut, and say, "Cut the act, Baywatch." M'gann's soft heartbeat, however, filled his mind more than the talking. She kindly said, "Uh thanks?" "Don't mention it, Sugar.", Wally had said, which gave him another jab to the gut. Hearing M'gann coming closer, Superboy waited. He heard her asked, "Hey Superboy, do you want a cookie? They're chocolate chip." He answered, "No.", then left the room, like he had previously done, this time heading into the training/mission room, and taking a seat on the floor.

When he arrived, he looked around, and thought about who he was. He couldn't help but wonder if his teammates were lying to him, when they said they didn't care about his past. No one could care or love a copy of the original. A clone. That was the whole truth. Even worse, he knew that they wouldn't care or love him, because of the fact that when he got angry, he became a monster with no control. A monster never got respect and love. Even Superman hadn't liked monsters, and yet, he as Superboy, could be put in that category. And way worse than just the thought about not getting loved, Superboy worried M'gann would learn of his acts on the hill in Metropolis, then never speak to him again. As much as he wanted to not give into her, her voice was the only thing that kept him sane. Like the G-nomes.

Wally walked into the room, a cookie in hand, and one in his mouth, and Superboy looked his way. The speedster sat beside the clone, and handed him the cookie in his grasp, saying, "You really should try these, Supey. They're not that bad." Superboy took ahold of the sweet treat, and held it in his fist. Wally snickered, then said, "You're supposed to eat it, Superboy. If you don't, the chocolate will melt and get on your hands." Superboy was confused. Didn't Wally want the cookie? He had the appetite for it, yet he was giving it to him, with honesty. The clone replied, "I thought you would want it. I'm not hungry." Wally said, "You seemed a little off in there. I know you aren't one for sharing your feelings, but if you ever need advice about anything in this world that you don't know about, I'm your man. Just let me know." Conner grumbled, "I don't need help or advice." Wally sighed, and stood up. He said, "Well, if you ever change your mind, come find me. Or Rob. He's got good advice too." Superboy watched as the speedster left the room in a mad dash, then he looked at the crumbled cookie pieces in his hand and the chocolate that had smudged onto his fingers. Still not hungry, the clone threw the pieces of cookie away on his way out of the mission room. He needed to talk with Black Canary. She would understand, wouldn't she? Superboy hoped she would, as he had a lot on his mind, and needed to share it, but didn't want to open up to the Team about his weird feelings for one particular ginger haired Martian.

Please remember to vote or comment, if you enjoyed this chapter! It would help me to know if this is something I should continue, as I have a huge surprise coming up for the YJ fans out there, and really want to start it.