You're What Now?!

Now the's chapter you get to meet Gretchen. Hopefully, this dinner won't be as awkward. Maybe Audrey will like her. Who knows? It's unpredictable.

Audrey & everyone else loves you! :D

VOTE. COMMENT. SUBSCRIBE.

Chapter 13- You’re What Now?! 10/2/2011

Linda calls everyone in for dinner and Gretchen is surprised to see her. Audrey, Mark & Kendra are surprised as well. They sit in the dining room and gather for a nice, light conversation.

            “How did you meet Gretchen, Ms. Anderson?” says Kendra. “Well, I met her through a mutual friend of mine and we instantly clicked. We’ve been dating for the past 4 days.” says Linda. “She’s the nicest person I’ve ever met in my life. I’m glad to know her now.” says Gretchen. “Is there anything that you have in common with her, mom?” says Audrey. “We have a lot in common like…” says Linda. “The same music and movie taste.” says Gretchen. “Cool.” says Audrey. “Can I tell you something, honey?” says Linda. “Yes.” says Audrey. “I just realized that I am a lesbian.” says Linda. “Really, mom? Really?” says Audrey. “I thought you’d understand.” says Linda. “I do, I just wish you would tell me sooner.” says Audrey. “Okay, who wants dessert?” says Linda. “No thanks.” says everyone else. “As for my dessert…” says Gretchen. “Keep it clean here, Gretchen. Everyone knows now you’re in love with my mom.” says Audrey. “Okay, I’m sorry, Audrey.” says Gretchen. “Don’t call me by name. Only my mom calls me that. Not you.” says Audrey.

Gretchen is displeased by the fact Audrey doesn’t like her. Her mom wouldn’t think so. Audrey is so done with Gretchen being here and really wants her to leave. On the other hand, Mark & Kendra take Audrey upstairs to talk about something.

            “It seemed you’d like Gretchen.” says Mark. “I don’t; I just pictured my family totally different than this.” says Audrey. “How would you picture it?” says Mark. “I picture it with a dad, two more siblings and a dog.” says Audrey. “I never thought of it that way for you.” says Mark. “I never have seen this side of you before. I like it.” says Audrey. “I do too.” says Mark. “What kind of image do you picture your life as besides the statement you made earlier?” says Kendra. “Well, there is one thing I left out which is to add my future husband or wife.” says Audrey. “Okay, then. What do you wanna do now?” says Kendra. “I was thinking of something.” says Mark. “What is it?” says Audrey. “Yeah, tell us.” says Kendra. “Audrey, do you have the dirty version of what would you rather?” says Mark. “As a matter of fact I do.” says Audrey.

Audrey grabs the game and they begin playing. Her iPod begins playing Time Won’t Let Me Go by the Bravery. “Finally, a song I can totally relate to.” Audrey thought.

Whenever I look back On the best days of my life I think I saw them all on T.V.

I am so homesick now for Someone that I never knew I am so homesick now for Someplace I will never be Time won't let me go Time won't let me go If I could do it all again I'd go back and change everything But time won't let me go- The Bravery

They continue playing for an hour, and then Audrey’s mom, Linda wants to talk to her.

            “Honey, can I ask you something?” says Linda. “Yes, what?” says Audrey. “It didn’t seem you liked Gretchen.” says Linda. “I don’t mom.” says Audrey. “Why?” says Linda. “I just feel that you’re so happy with her. I don’t have anyone to be with at the moment.” says Audrey. “Oh, honey you’ll find someone you love just as much as I love Gretchen.” says Linda. “You don’t understand!” yells Audrey. “Honey, stop.” says Linda. “Don’t touch me. Talk to me when you leave Gretchen. But for now, just don’t talk to me.” says Audrey.

Linda feels as if she did the wrong thing by meeting Gretchen. She doesn’t know what to do about Audrey now. “Maybe it’s her way or the highway.” Linda thought.