One

"Debbie, you have to be honest with her." I told her.

"It's my body. My decision. Why should she get a say in it?" Debbie asked.

"Listen, She is your sister. Whether or not she gets a say in it doesn't matter." I said.

"Are you my friend, or are you not?" Debbie asked. I ran my fingers through my hair.

There was a knock at the door.

"Occupied!" Debbie shouted.

There was a knock again.

"Oh use the downstairs toilet if you're so fucking desperate!" Debbie shouted again.

"We've gotta be at the clinic before 8 or we're gonna be waiting all day." Fiona said. "We're doing this today, Debs. We gotta know for sure one way or another." She said to her. "Debbie?"

"I heard you." She said to her.

"I'm going downstairs." I said. She nodded. I opened the door.

"Morning, Iz." Fiona said to me. She was still mad at me for not telling her about the pregnancy test thing and for speaking, dating, and living with Colin.

I walked outside and I read the note that Carl had sent me a few days after I sent the last letter.

It's nice to know that you feel that way. I'm glad you're okay and that you're happy. Even if you don't love me, I'm always going to love you. Don't forget that.

Carl Gallagher.

I walked inside and heard someone crying.

"Is that Frank?" I asked.

"What's he doing?" Fiona asked.

"Weeping, I think." Sean said. I passed by him and went to the table.

"You weeping again, Frank?" Fiona asked.

"It's called mourning a loved one taken too soon."

"You want a lift to work?" Sean asked Ian.

"No." Ian responded

"Your shift starts in half an hour." Sean reminded him.

"Meds?" Fiona asked.

"Yes, mom."

"Not your mother, just concerned. You take 'em?" Fiona asked. She shut the refrigerator and Frank was standing there.

"Fuck, Frank!" Fiona said.

"I love you." Frank told her. "I just want you to know. I love you." He said. "Did I ever tell you about the time I caught an octopus on He reef outside of our hut and Bianca cooked it on an open fire right on the beach?"

"Yes." We all said, annoyed because Frank had told us these stories about a billion times.

"And the funny little sneeze she would do when she was asleep?"

"Achoo!" We all mimicked.

"Debs, I love you." Frank said.

"Jesus."

"I just- I want you to know that." He said.

"Go away, Frank." Ian told him.

"You almost ready to go Debs?" Fiona asked.

"I'm eating." Debbie told her rudely.

"Well, eat faster. We gotta drop Liam off at Pre-K on the way." Fi said, walking away with her coffee.

"Anyone seen my black armband?" Frank asked.

"She's dead, Frank." Debbie told him.

"She-" he noticed it in the trash. "Jesus. What's the matter with you people? She was my soul mate." Frank said, picking it out of the trash.