Chapter 10: The Things you Do

"Ethan? Who's Ethan?"

Jack smiled at my concern to know who this 'Ethan' is.

"Ethan...hmmm where do I start," he chuckled to himself, "Ethan looks as if he is sixteen, is where I should start. He is twenty one though, and is a small for his age. He is kind of shy at first, but boy oh boy, he is almost as loud as me once he opens up."

That must be pretty loud, I giggle thinking to myself. Jack raises one of his bushy eyebrows at me, probably wondering what I'm giggling about.

"So why do you want to know who Ethan is-"

Suddenly, a boy whom assuming is Ethan, barges into the room. He was looking backwards as he was barging into the room, so when he turns around to find me laying here in Jack's office, he kind of jumps back.

"Oh uh-hi. I didn't realize you had guests, Jack."

Ethan almost seems to be 'glaring' at Jack, but Jack has that smug smile on his face not taking the hint that Ethan doesn't want me in here.

"Oh yeah, we have Miss (Y/N) in here. You shouldn't be so rude to Mark's sister, ye know. Introduce yourself chap." I giggled, but not on purpose. Jack and Ethan's behavior together is just simply hilarious.

Ethan, still glaring at Jack, smiles and introducing himself to me, "Hello, my name's Ethan. Which you probably already figured from that idiot over there." He pointed to Jack, which makes Jack glare and me smile. Jack was still glaring at Ethan, but then a mischievous grin appeared on his face.

"Hey Ethan, why don't you take little Miss (Y/N) on a tour! She hasn't seen the whole Manor yet and she would probably love if you take her on a tour." Ethan's face then dropped dead serious, leaving his mischievous face behind.

"Um-yeah sure. Definitely." I could tell Ethan was shy, even though he was very open around Jack.

"Okay, well you two can go now. Nice meeting you (Y/N)." I smiled, I wish Jack could come on the 'tour' with me.

"You too Jack."

I turned back to see Ethan has already left the room. I get up in a scurry to see him waiting outside. Once he sees me outside Jack's room however, he instantly turns and walks outside to the backyard.

"Ethan! Wait up!"

He must of not heard me, I thought to myself.

I ran out the back door, continuing to run to keep up with him. Finally I catch up, and I grab his shoulder to get his attention.

He must of been scared because he instantly turned around to say, "So uh- this is the outside. The forest is in the back. There's uh- a shed over there where the weapons and such are kept. That's basically it out here."

I noticed Ethan didn't really show much emotion now. All he did was talk about the Manor, which annoyed me somewhat. I wanted to learn about him, like I did with everyone else here.

He turned fast and walked back to the Manor. Explaining the Manor's backstory, and blah blah. Everything I wasn't interested in.

I came back to reality though to somewhat listen to Ethan, "-and so in 1821 the town's-

"Hey Ethan." He looked at me confused, as if he didn't know what was so important to interrupt his speech.

"Yes, Miss Fischbach?" He still remained emotionless. He almost seemed scared around me.

"You don't have to call me 'Miss Fischbach' you know. You can call me (Y/N)." He smiled slightly, but it seemed forced.

"Okay, (Y/N)." I smiled at him using my name.