Ch. 6

Finally, Friday had arrived

It was still early evening and I was grabbing some things to take over to J.J.'s apartment. Feeling hungry, I looked in the fridge to see a take-out Chinese from two weeks ago, a can of beer, and something that looked like a ham and cheese sandwich. Sighing, I closed the door. I still had a bit of my inheritance but besides using it to pay for school, I didn't touch it. I tried to solely live in what I made at the shop and at Miller's, which wasn't a whole lot.

I didn't always have the funds to stock my fridge and I never really stayed at my apartment anyways, so I didn't see the need to. I got free food at the bar as an employee and I often went to Tommy's place to scrounge up food. J.J. would occasionally feed me when I stayed over at her place, which was a lot, so I was hoping she would have food tonight. At that vey moment my phone vibrated.

J.J.: How does Indian food sound? I'm craving tikka masala

This girl knew me so well.

Me: you're an angel from heaven you know that? Yes please! My usual?

J.J.: ugh they have no fun up there! I like whiskey too much for heaven. And one korma it is!

Me: we'll live it up in hell one-day ;) thanks babe sees you in 20

I finished grabbing things I would need for the weekend such as my hair products, make-up, some skimpy outfits, and my oh-so beloved heels. Not many people can control a motorbike skillfully in pumps but that is why I rise above. Grabbing my bags, I made my way out of my apartment. But not before grabbing a bottle of Jameson, J.J. and mine's favorite. I may not have food, but I always had liquor around.

I walked down the few flights of stairs to the parking garage where my bike was parked. I loaded up my stuff, tying it down and cranked up my bae after hoping on. I easily back out of the garage and took off down the road towards J.J.'s.

I was wearing jeans and a dark blue hoodie. I didn't have class today and was exhausted from school and work this week, so I slept in till about 2. I've just been lounging around all day watching reruns of The Office, one of my favorite shows. I covered a few extra shifts at the bar plus that Indian bike ended up being more work than we thought so this week was a total b*tch. I needed today and tonight to unwind.

I was shifting lanes, making my way to J.J.'s when I noticed Weston walking down the street towards me with some guy I didn't recognize. A scowl plastered my face at the thought of Weston. I haven't talked to him since our conversation at the body shop, not that I wanted to.

Even though we never actually acknowledged each other this week after the encounter at the shop I always sensed him around. I would be walking across campus and knew he was there somewhere and that he was staring at me. I never looked for him, but I didn't need to in order to prove that he was looking at me; I knew because my whole body would just get hot and the hairs on my neck and arms would stand up.

In our ethics class, I would glance over to see him staring at me, too. Looking at him blatantly staring at me would always cause a shiver to go up my spine. It wasn't a shiver from being creeped up, but one of excitement, one in anticipation of what would happen next. F*cking hormones.

I ended up getting caught by the light, so I took the time to unashamedly check him out. He was wearing tight-fitted jeans rolled at the cuffs with dark brown chukka boots, a red Henley and black leather moto-jacket. F*ck he was hot.

As if on cue, he looked up and spotted me. He flashed that orgasmic smile my way. I know he couldn't see my face because my helmet visor hid it, but he obviously recognized my bike. Ugh. Finally, the light turned green and I took off glancing at him in my mirrors. He was just standing at the corner watching me ride away.

Finally, I pulled up at J.J's. I walked into her place seeing as I had a key. She wasn't in the common area, so I walked to her bedroom to hear the shower running. I went back to the kitchen and pulled out the whiskey. I was feeling like I needed a shot to get rid of this ache in my lower stomach.

I found a shot glass that has Winnie the Pooh on it. J.J. loved Winnie the Pooh, ever since she was little, so she had a lot of random memorabilia. It creeped me out that a twenty-two-year-old loved a childhood character that much but hey, to each their own.

I tossed back my second shot when J.J. walked up with her wet hair in a messy bun wearing a navy-blue silk robe that fell mid-thigh. J.J. was like me, she knew she had a killer body and wasn't ashamed to flaunt it. We both were comfortable in our bodies and our sexuality; our confidence in ourselves radiated off us.

"Hey, babe." I downed another shot.

"Hey, yourself. I see you're starting off early. And without me! We haven't even gotten our food yet."

I laughed at her little grimace. With that, there was a knock at the door. J.J. went to answer it and came back in with our food that smelled heavenly. At that moment, I noticed her wallet was still on the counter and she didn't take it with her. I smirked giving her a 'I know what you did' look.

"What? Don't give me that look. The guy was just super nice and said he wanted to cover the bill out of the kindness of his heart!"

"Ya. Sure. Kindness of his heart. Not another body part." I rolled my eyes.

She laughed, "Well he was pretty cute. I offered to pay in a variety of ways, but he seemed to be speechless and didn't give me an answer. Now, let's eat and get ready! I so need this night out and I have a feeling you do too."

Giving each other a cheeky smile we dug into our food. I loved anything that added spice and flavor to my life which is why Indian food was one of my favorites. J.J. put her leftovers away and went to her bedroom to do her hair. I never left food on my plate; it was just too good to not eat then and there. Being completely stuffed, I waddled to her bedroom.

"I'm jumping in the shower and using all your expensive body stuff." I shouted down the hallway.

I walked into the shower after having stripped out my clothes. I also hung a clean towel on the rack inside the shower stall. I turned the water on to as hot as I could stand it. Letting the hot water melt my worries away I just stood there and enjoyed the sensation. This week really was extremely long and exhausted me.

Not just work and Weston but Lindsay was also constantly marking her territory in a variety of ways. I would generally just ignore her, but it was getting harder as the week went by. At least I knew I would have a Lindsay free weekend seeing as she didn't hang at the bars and clubs I did. They were too "grungy" and "beneath" her. I preferred the underbelly of the city, that's where all the fun happened.

We were going to this club that changed their location every Friday. They would find empty buildings and set up the place for the night. They would then tweet a clue of where the club was that night. It was a great way to attract people. The secretiveness and appeal of it gathered a lot of people.

About a year ago I finally met the guys behind the club. I ended up sleeping with Josh, the owner, a couple of times. We got along really well but neither of us do relationships, so, even better, we became friends—friends with benefits. Josh and I had an agreement that if one of us had an itch the other would scratch it. Josh was fantastic in bed but recently started dating the sweetest woman ever. I was more than happy to step back and let them fall in love.

Since we were so close, Josh would always just text me the location. Sometimes I even got to help scout out a new place. J.J. was the only person who knew that I was friends with Josh and we made sure to keep it a major secret.

I got out of the shower and dried off. J.J. had finished her hair and was doing her make-up. I went and slipped on my silk teddy and walked back into the bathroom to blow dry and curl my hair.

"Have you heard from Josh?" J.J. asked.

"Yup, he has the perfect place picked out. Super hipster scene."

"Perf! Guys with beards and quiffed hair are my specialty."

I burst out laughing at her odd comment. I was ready for this night, but who knew it would turn out to be my nightmare.