two.

The next day.

It was the last period of the day which happened to be my least favorite subject, English. Our teacher had given us a "surprise"assignment, We were given the opportunity to choose partners. The first person I had thought of was Nash, without hesitation I walked up to him and stood at the edge of his desk.

"Hi." I spoke gesturing, a small wave.

"I'm Arabella." I said, just incase he didn't remember me.

No reply.

"Would you like to be partners?"

He slowly nodded.

"Cool." I smiled and took a seat next to him.

"Okay now that you have your partners, you can begin with your brainstorming." Mr.evans announced.

I turned back to Nash.

"Okay so would you like to pick a topic?"

"I-I don't want to." He spoke barley audible.

"That's okay." I sat back in my chair while crossing my arms, letting out a long sigh. We sat in silence the whole class, it felt like forever.

After school.

"Hey Nash." I greeted, slightly startling him. He looked at me with his piercing ocean blue eyes.

"Hi" he shyly spoke.

"Yeah um, do you want to come over since we didn't accomplish much in class?"

"I don't know."

"Please?"

"I guess." He spoke in the same tone.

He followed me down the hallway. Suddenly, a group of boys approached us. I glared at their expressions, the devilish looks they gave us.

"Um, can we go the other way?" He nervously said.

"Sure."

______

"So..." I said as I closed my bedroom door. My eyes shifted to Nash as he observed my wall of photos. I could see a tiny smile form.

"How's your day so far?"

"The same as usual."

"What's the usual?"

"The same as it's ever been."

I decided not to speak anymore as he clearly didn't want to speak.

"Is this you?" He pointed to a picture.

"Yeah" I nervously laughed.

"I remember that day." I frowned.

"What happened that day?"

"That's the day my dad died." I looked away not wanting to remember.

"Oh" is all he can say.

"I'm sorry." He looked at me.

I fiddled with my fingers, trying to block out the bad memories of that day, but I was too weak, the memories soon came flooding back.

I corrected myself as I didn't want Nash to see my like this.

-

-

"That's a great idea" I told Nash.

"Thanks." He lightly laughed.

I stared at him for a while until I gained enough confidence to ask him the question that lingered in my mind for a while.

"Hey, Nash."

He looked up at me.

"I have been meaning to ask you something." I took a deep breath.

"What happened to magcon?"

His mouth curved to a frown as his eyes became glossy within a few moments, his eyes shifted to his feet.

Guilt consumed my body, I immediately regretted asking.