Five

Five

My mother would die if she knew where I was. For years she has tried to get my family into this room and never succeeded; yet here I am standing in the Walt Disney suite right now. The fireworks continue to go off behind me, but they’re much quieter now than they were earlier. I stand in front of a balcony and overlook the Kingdom. Everything seems so much bigger from here… I wonder if I could find my family?

“Mickey,” Says a vaguely familiar voice from behind me.

“You’re,” I choke. “You’re” it comes out staggered with half a gasp finding its way in at the end.

Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother smiles gracefully. “I’m you’re fairy godmother.” She says. My mind is spinning. This sounds like something out of a book. My fairy godmother?

“I thought you were Cinderella’s?” I remark.

 She chuckles. “I am dear, but I am also here for girls like you.”

At first I think that maybe she is a cast member. But now that I’m closer, I can see her in fuller detail. Same white hair. Same pudgy cheeks. Same blue cape. There is no doubt that standing before me is the real fairy godmother from Cinderella.  “Bu-t” I stutter. “How are you here? More importantly why am I here?

She puts her finger to her chin. ”We’ve been watching you Mickey.” She says seriously. These have to be the worst four words that you to hear a fictional character say with your name because as soon as I hear them I begin to shiver. “You’re family’s a regular.” She remarks. “I remember when your mother was just a girl…” She says seeming to get lost in thought as a pleasant smile rests upon her lips. With the whip of her wand she resumes. “She was very much like you, but less… evil.” – Evil? Did that fairy really call me evil? Isn’t she the one who dealt with Lady Tremaine? And she’s calling me evil? Oh I see how it is… “You were such a beautiful child; still are. However, you’re heart,” She pauses. “Has lost its magic.”

I huff.

“Since when did my heart possess any magic?” I ask.

She scrunches her nose as if to say that I don’t understand her. She shrugs me off to shut up. “So we’ve discussed it,” She says, clasping her hands. “We were going to give you another chance, but your actions at the ‘Studios’ yesterday was just preposterous, and are now forced to take desperate measures immediately. You may have noticed the strange ride conditions today.” She says.

“The malfunctions?” I ask.

“Exactly, my dear, but they were not malfunctions. It’s unknown to most, but when park guests being to lose their belief in us and lose their own magic, then we start to lose our magic too.”

“Then are you saying I did that?” I ask crossing my arms.

Ignoring me she says, “To fix this tragic problem we have decided to extend your Disney vacation.”

“Extend?” I yelp. “I can hardly handle two weeks of Disney World, how do you think I’ll be able to handle more?” I bark. “And how long exactly will this ‘extended vacation’ last?”

“As long as it takes.” She answers calmly. “You have also been assigned one of our top cast members, Dastan, to guide you through the parks. To teach you and to revive you.” She explains. “You may stay in this suite until morning- rest well; Dastan will be here in the morning.”

And with that she disappears with a shimmering amount of magic left in it's place.

Author's note: This may be the complete chapter five; may not. Please give me your thoughts. Hoped you liked it!