Twenty Three

Twenty-three

Dastan looks surprised to see me, to say the least. He drops the autograph book he had been holding and apologizes many times to the child to whom it belonged to. Until the end of his shift, he continues to give me questioning glances. I stand still, his eyes enchanting me.

As he waves goodbye to the kids and moves his way to the Ultidoor he whispers in my ear, "Stay here." The cast member gives him a dirty look. Its against guidelines to go out of character, but judging from the smile on Dastan's face, I don't think he minds.

Before I know what he's doing, Dastan's arms are wrapped around me in a tight embrace. "You're okay," he whispers. "I thought you were dead."

"In the happiest place on earth?" I say, happily. "Magic has a way of dealing with things,"

His hands grasp my shoulders in all seriousness. "Magic?"

I nod. "The Fairy found me,"

His eyebrows shooting upwards. "Fairy Godmother?" He asks.

I laugh. "The same."

I quickly summarize what happened after our Expedition on Everest. After telling him about seeing my parents as holograms, I take a deep breath. "She tricked me," I say, and for a moment, I think about Hook when he told me about The Fairy's lies. I shake my head, I can't believe him now.

I sigh. "I thought you would come looking for me, but I guess I was wrong."

Dastan's hand grasps my jaw and pulls me to his eye level. "I did come back for you," he whispers. "But when I came back for you, you had disappeared."

"Disappeared," I breath. I gaze into his eyes, sensing a secret that I'm not supposed to guess.

He laughs awkwardly and takes my hand in his. "Any who," He says, "I'm surprised you're here out of all places. Magic Kingdom? Yeah not one of your favorites."

"Sophia said I'd find you here," I explain. "Besides," I say, looking at the young children giggling on the Mad Hatter's Tea Cups. "This place is starting to grow on me."

Dastan takes a step back. "You must have hit your head harder than I thought."

I look down and laugh. "You have no idea."

He grins. "You wanna go?" He says, motioning to the Tea Cups.

I gaze behind us at the Beast's Castle, where Belle's Library is. "Why not?" I smile, its not like I have a time limit on this whole "fairy's book" thing anyway.

Dastan and I wait patiently in line and board a purple tea cup. Everything starts spinning. Above the loud music and the squeals of young girls I shout, "You make a pretty good Flynn!"

He grins as we continue spinning the table in the middle of the tea cup as fast as we can. "It's more fun than you'd think!" He yells back. "Not really in my job description, but I'll take it over being fired."

I stop spinning. "What?" I yell, wondering if I heard him wrong.

He laughs it off. "Gotcha."

I raise my brow. "Right."

He smirks. "Yeah, right." And spends ever faster, only for the ride to come to an abrupt stop. Since we were going so fast it about knocks my head off.

"Attention riders, this attraction has been temporarily closed. Please exit to the right. " The cast member announces.

I give Dastan a look. "Spinning rides just aren't my thing I guess." He shrugs.

And this is when I see an unusual group passing by the gardens.

The Queen of Hearts fits well, considering these are her hedges. But Queen Narissa, the queen from Enchanted? Not so much.

I grab Dastan's hand and head towards New Fantasyland. "There's something I need to tell you," I say, frantically pulling him towards the castle.

When I look back, the two queens have disappeared.