Valleyclan

Valleyclan camp is a deep scarred ravine full of sharp jagged rocks, smooth rocky ledges, caves, splits in the rock and mossy overgrowths with vine hangings. A thin slow river rushes straight down the middle of the ravine and dumps down a into a lake. The cats do not use this lake for twoleg spotting purposes. The main camp is surrounded by steep rocky ledges with uneven over hangings to protect from sun, snow and rain. These ledges are also good for sun bathing or keeping watch.

Moss grows thickly on the rocky walls in the camp near the waterfall and entrance to camp. The river has formed many dips and crevices into the the rock walls of the ravine which now provide the cats of Valleyclan with multiple well protected dens that keep the cats safe from weather and attacks.

The main camp is protected by far deep falls, the ledges near the waterfall are the only real entrance, any other way an intruder would try to get down would result in a broken neck or even death. Sure this gives intruders the high ground, but if they wanted to fight in the camp they'd have to come down. The perimeter at the top of the ravine is actually protected by thick thorny brambles to ensure no cat accidentally falls down.

However there is one secret tunnel formed in one of the cracks of the rock at the back of the ravine that leads up into the earth. While it's a tight squeeze for most cats it's only supposed to be used in emergencies, it leads up into the field of Valleyclan territory and is hidden by bushes.

Since the ravine is so deep and wide there are levels of the ravine with wide ledges for the cats to walk upon. The bottom of the ravine consists of multiple openings into the rocks. One opening on the left side is for the queens of Valleyclan. Once inside the slit it opens up into a warm smooth cave, good for the queens to be able to have their own space and be comfortable as they get ready to give birth to the future generation of Valleyclan warriors.

The second cave used on the bottom floor is to the right side of the wall and is for the medicine cat and his or her apprentice. The opening of the medicine cat den is a bit larger, but hidden by strands of mossy vines. Once inside the cave opens up to reveal multiple small ledges which allows for herbs and such to be placed. A small source of dripping fresh water can be found pooling into a dip towards the back of the den. Along the smooth cave wall to the right, opposite to the herb store, are multiple mossy nests, places for injured cats to rest and get treated. In a tiny slit off to the left side is a private small opening for the medicine cat and his or her apprentice to rest.

The third cave on the bottom floor located on the left wall, far away from the nursery and closer to the high ledge, is a simple cave used for the elders of Valleyclan. This cave is also very warm and has a smooth sandy floor. Outside their den is a bunch of smooth flat rocks that stick out of the ground. These rocks absorbed a lot of sun light and sit right in front of the stream so the elders are able to bask in the sunlight whenever they please and drink as well.

Multiple ledges above the nursery and to the left is the second level of the ravine where the apprentices den can be found carved into the side of the rock. The apprentices den is a regular cave opening into the rocks that allows for the apprentices to sleep.

Across from the apprentices den on the right side of the ravine is the warriors den. This den is relatively above and to the right of the medicine cats den, to get up to the ledge all you have to do is scale the jagged rocks and land upon the smooth sandy ledge. This den is one of the highest dens in the clan and the largest, the ledge there is a good look out point over camp.

The leaders den is in equal height to the warriors den, except this den is at the back of the ravine and has a small slit carved into the rock with a moss over hanging. Inside is a relatively small dark den fit for at least 2 or 3 cats to be inside. The ledge outside the leaders den leads down like a zig zag path all the way to the bottom floor of the ravine.