26. Wesley Cooper

Hello There! So the last chapter was sort of interesting but I think this one will be better! Mainly because you are that much closer to getting answers AND something cool is going to happen with someone in this chapter. That's all I'm saying sooo enjoy/vote/comment/fan :) 

We headed towards the back of the bar, the place we usually try to avoid, to try and catch Ryan in the middle of a fight or just sitting around; preferably him just sitting and having a drink. The three of us didn’t think to split up this time because we couldn't imagine being three to a crowd, let alone one. I looked around without any luck. Maybe he wasn’t here tonight, but I kept looking.

Mitch stumbled behind me, his drinks were kicking in and so was his dangerous side, and Axel laughed as Mitch stumbled. He grabbed Axel around the neck, making him nervous, but then he messed up his hair just for fun. Axel looked relieved, and I wish I could have felt the same way.

I walked through crowds of people and looked at the tables, hoping Ryan would be here waiting for me, but he wasn’t. It felt like I was walking in a circle. “Look, kid, I don’t think he is here tonight.” I could here Mitch over the loud music. I could feel his hand on my shoulder but I swiped it off, angry that he would just give up that fast.

“He has to be here. If he is not, then we might as well just forget about Kolbey. Then we might as well just kick back and wait for her murder story to show up on the news and it turns out he killed her. We need to find Ryan.”

“Why do you need to find me?” I heard a cold voice behind me. I turned slowly and saw Ryan leaning on a table with his arms crossed and a greedy smile on his face. I stepped back into Mitch, who walked forward and said with a threatening voice, “You have something, or someone, of ours, and we want her back.”

He chuckled and said, “Well that’s too bad because I don’t know what you are talking about. And I’m sure if I did that I would not be all for giving it back.”

“Stop playing games, Ryan, of course you would know Kolbey is missing. We don’t care the price; we just want her back. She has no business being dragged into Danny’s problems.” Mitch said in a stern voice, but Ryan continued to smile, mockingly.

“That’s where you are wrong...uh, Mitch is it?” Mitch nodded. “My last encounter with Danny didn’t go to well.” He pointed to a scabbed over gash on his cheek.

“Yeah, you do know that Kolbey was in the hospital and we were in jail? Danny is still in jail. She almost died and we were accused of kidnapping because you guys played your dirty games.” Mitch crossed his arms and took a step towards Ryan, clearly intimidating him. 

Ryan wasn’t smiling anymore. Instead, he actually looked concerned, but I wasn’t buying it. “It was meant for Danny. I messed up that night and I’m sorry for what happened to her.” Mitch wasn’t convinced. “No I really am. That’s why I left. I’m just tired of his games. He tries too hard that when someone messes up, he looses it and punishes them, and I’m done with him.”

“Okay, so let’s say what you are saying is true, we think-or we are pretty sure- Kolbey is with him, and we need to figure out exactly where that is. Can you help?” Ryan thought about it for a second and grinned again. “Save an innocent girl, and get revenge? Sure, why not?” He held his hand out and Mitch shook it.

We left the bar and headed back to the house to start planning. This wasn’t going to be a regular pick-up. No. We were getting ready to step foot on his territory. 

//As they walked out, Ryan tried to hit on a girl playing pool, but she smacked him with the pool stick...and he died//