Chapter 4

The next day, school was going by slow. The teachers were actually teaching now and giving boring lessons. It was barely the second day and the students were already sick of it. Ali had a hard time concentrating on anything Mr. Hetfield invaded her thoughts yet again. She was becoming frustrated that she couldn't push those thoughts away. She had to admit that she was anxious for sixth period to come, for obvious reasons.

Ali had lunch with Jon and Veronica. Veronica'a new friend Layla, which was an even bigger gossiper than her little sister, and then, Kate sat with them as well. Lunch surprisingly went by quick and they all separated to their fifth class.

There were still a couple of minutes left for class to start. Ali entered the classroom and stopped in her tracks when she saw Mr. Hetfield talking to her fifth period teacher. Ms.Tomasi. Ali felt her face go red as Mr. Hetfield instantly spotted her when she came in. Ali noticed that he kept his on her and just nodded to whatever Ms. Tomasi was saying. He obviously wasn't paying attention to her. Ali walked slowly trying to get to her seat all the way at the back of the classroom. She kept her eyes on Mr. Hetfield and wasn't paying attention to where she was walking. She suddenly bumped into a hard body that made her tumble on the ground.

"Oh shit! Sorry, are you ok?" Some guy said as he offered to help her up and she accepted.

"Everything alright over there?" Ms. Tomasi asked. Mr. Hetfield turned to where Ali was noticed. She was on the floor and had accepted the helping from that other student.

"Yeah, we just bumped into each other." The guy chuckled and looked down at Ali who just smiled. Ms. Tomasi nodded then turned her focus back to Mr. Hetfield, who kept looking at Ali and that guy from the corner of his eye.

"Sorry about bumping into you. It was my fault." Ali was going to pick up her book bag but stopped when the guy grabbed it for her and placed it around her shoulder. Ali looked up at the guy and smiled. "Thanks."

"No problem, no worries, I guess it was both our faults. I was too intrigured with my comic book." He laughed.

Ali's eyes widden as she gasped. "No way! Is that Deadpool?"

The guy chuckled. "Yup, you read comic books?"

"Yeah, I love them. I'm a nerd for those kind of shit. "

"Finally! A girl just like me." He threw his hands in the air as they both laughed.

Mr. Hetfield was watching the entire exchange and he didn't like it. I can't possibly be jealous. Quit it. She's your student, remember that? You shouldn't be giving a fuck about who she talks to. He shook his head then turned his attention to Ms. Tomasi, whom he met in the teacher's lounge during lunch. She was attractive, but not nearly as attractive as Ali. There you go being a perv again. Stop it! He thought.

"Sorry, I didn't catch your name?" The guy finally asked.

"Ali."

"Well what's your last name?"

"My last name is Cade."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Tommy." They shook hands and smiled at each other.

He's pretty cute. Nothing compared to Mr. Hetfield but still cute. Nonetheless. Ali thought.

"So you wanna sit with me?" Tommy asked hopefully.

"Umm sure." Tommy walked infront of her and Ali turned to see Mr. Hetfield still talking to Ms. Tomasi. Ali noticed that they were laughing and Ms. Tomasi was twirling a strand of her hair around her index finger. It was obvious that Ms. Tomasi was smittened with Mr. Hetfield and Ali didn't like it. Although, she would NEVER admit it to herself or anybody else, she was actually jealous that they were talking and laughing. Why the fuck are you getting jealous Ali? He's just your damn teacher! He's nothing more. Ali turned back around and finally made it to her seat, next with Tommy.

"Looks like Ms. Tomasi and Mr. Hetfield are hitting it off huh? They aren't old but it's still weird seeing teachers interact in a flirty way. It looks like they like each other though." Tommy laughed and shook his head.

"Yeah, looks like it." Ali wasn't laughing at all.

"So anyways, are you going to join the comic book club? I'm sure you know Mr. Hetfield is in charge of it. I hope you are since I am." He said.

"Absolutely." Ali said sternly as she leaned back on her chair and crossed her arms looking at Mr. Hetfield as he rubbed his hand down to Ms. Tomasi's arm and made his way out of the classroom. He glanced to the back of the classroom and noticed Ali was sitting next to that guy.

Mr. Hetfield turned to look over at Ali and noticed Ali was looking at Mr. Hetfield. She looked mad.

Ali suddenly leaned to the side and placed her hand on Tommy's arm and gave him a flirty smile which he returned Mr. Hetfield. He shook his head and left the classroom.

As Mr. Hetfield was walking back to his own room, he was flat-out jealous. He would never admit it either. The fact that Ali did it on purpose that kind of enraged him. Why would she do that? Does she think that affect me? This can't be happening. You are looking to find yourself wearing a Motörhead t-shirt if you keep it going James. Give it up. Wait, but she's eighteen. But no, just no. He walked into his classroom and collapsed on his chair and finally came to a conclusion.

I have to stop thinking about this girl before I get in too deep. Only way to do that is Ms. Tomasi. It's wrong using her but I have no choice. Nothing can happen between me and Ali Cade. It just can't. He sighed and rubbed his eyes in frustration.

Ali sat in fifth period, not paying attention to what Ms. Tomasi was saying, for two reasons. One, she wanted to beat the shit out of her. Second, she was thinking of how to stop being attracted to Mr. Hetfield. It was so wrong in so many levels. The whole situation would just turn out bad. She sat there brainstorming on what to do. She turned to look at Tommy who was writing down notes on his notebook. Ali came to a conclusion.

Tommy can help me with this without even knowing it. I feel bad for using him but I have no other option. Nothing can happen between me and Mr. Hetfield. It just can't. Ali ran her fingers through her hair in frustration. She placed her hand on her cheek and immediately felt wetness. She furrowed her eyebrows and took out her small mirror. She looked at her reflection. She saw a single tear running down her cheek. She was actually crying. She quickly wiped it away and put her head down her desk.