Chapter 1

"Why didn't I see it there before?"

"Aw, come on Belle. Why won't you date me?"

"Gaston, please, I'm trying to read here- hey!"

Belle reached towards Gaston, as he took the book she was currently reading. They were getting strange looks from people passing them at the hallway, but Gaston held the book up to the ceiling and clearly made it a point that he didn't care.

"Gaston, please give it back." Belle shook her head, sighing. She didn't even bother reaching for the book Gaston held high out of her reach, thinking that after numerous replays of this scene he'd probably and finally grow tired of it.

Persistent, was an understatement for this guy.

"No. I'm tired of seeing you and finding a book blocking your beautiful face." Gaston shoved the book down his red backpack. Belle raised an eyebrow, chuckling. "You do know that I have to return that later to Mrs. Dawson."

"I'll return it." A deep, husky voice spoke, earning both their attention.

Belle's mouth slightly went ajar, before finally realizing who it was. The newcomer smirked at Gaston's direction before grabbing his backpack roughly, unzipping it and practically tearing the book out from the helpless backpack. Belle narrowed her eyes at Gaston, whom was currently breathing hard, like he'd ran a long marathon, and clenching his fists.

She knew a fight when she smelt one.

"Gaston. Let's go." Belle cheerily spoke up, breaking the harsh eye contact between the two. Gaston nodded briefly, pulling the torn backpack from the guy's tight grip and slinging an arm around Belle's shoulders.

Walking away, Belle looked back at him.

He was the rich guy whom never told anyone his real name. He bullied half the student's population, owned the company Belle's dad was working for, had practically played and broke a thousand hearts.

It was hard to process that he was the same guy who was now reading the back of the book he'd taken from Gaston, with complete and utter wonder. He actually looked like an innocent kid in a middle of a bustling hallway.

"Dont tell me you're swooning over Beast." A voice spoke bitterly. Belle looked back at Gaston, laughing and shrugging his arms off her shoulders. "Don't worry Gas. I'm swooning over-" Belle leaned closer to Gaston's ear, causing him to stop in his tracks and breathe in a short breath. "-how late I am to Mr. Caldren's class thanks to you."

"Hm-Wait, what?"

Belle rolled her eyes and practically disappeared from the mass bodies bustling around the locker hallway, leaving Gaston in the same situation he was, everytime he talked to her.

She left him wanting more.

***