Experience

Richelle and Noah stood side by side, waiting for everyone to join them and Kate, who was sat in the office chair already. They'd told Kate they needed a meeting with her and Emily, so they were expecting her any time now. 

Kate hadn't said much, but to be honest, noone had. The occasional small talk would be made about Emily always being late for meetings, or general banter about the studio, but nothing more. 

Eventually, Emily came in to the office, with Daniel. She smiled at the three of them and awkwardly stood, leaning on the desk. "I brought Daniel because we're going for lunch after this, hope that's alright." 

"Yeah, sure." Noah nodded.

Emily was eager to know why she was at the studio when she would rather be eating, "So what did you want Richelle?"

Richelle rubbed her hands together and was about to speak but then Michelle and West rounded the corner and appeared in the doorway. Richelle smiled excitedly and looked at Noah, "Did you tell them to come?"

Michelle chuckled, "He said it was important for us to hear whatever it is you're about to say. Besides, I'm home for the weekend, so thought i would pop in."

The fact Noah wanted everyone here, worried Kate, and she leant back in her chair, looking at the two youngest people in the room. 

Noah cleared his throat and took a breath, which had everyone else in the room holding their breaths too. "Well... Richelle had wanted to be studio head." He saw Kate roll her eyes, but focused on the fact Michelle looked over the moon to learn this. Noah continued, "But because it would mean she would have to leave the team, we have decided... To become co-studio heads." Emily and Michelle looked at each other instantly, because they had been co-studio heads at one point. They both chuckled, and then smiled at Richelle and Noah who were smiling back.

Kate leaned forwards and put her elbows on the desk, "I think it's a good idea."

Richelle squealed, glad to finally have her approval, and threw her arms around Noah's neck and squeezed him, thankfully. Noah hugged her back and looked to Emily, "What do you think?"

"I think it's great. I really do," She smiled and Richelle let go of Noah, slightly blushing at her outburst of emotion. "But how does this solve the issue of not leaving the team?"

Richelle explained, "As we'll be sharing the work, it means we will have time to rehearse when necessary and take at least one class a week. Noah and I will be the alternates for A Troupe this year, so we might not get to dance at the competitions but we'll be there if needed, and we'll get to still be dancing."

West nodded and starting applauding them. He thought their plan was pretty fool proof and he was excited to see them in action. "You've both really grown up, it's pretty cool."

Noah thanked him and Richelle still hadn't stopped smiling. She met eyes with Emily and instantly remembered what she had been meaning to ask her, "Oh, is there a studio head diary like the dance captain one?" She saw Emily and Michelle's eyes widen and heard Kate shuffle anxiously in her seat. Everyone else looked clueless as to what they were talking about. Emily shook her head subtly and Richelle got the message that the diary was still a complete secret.

"So... Anyway..." Noah changed the subject, not knowing what this 'diary' was, "We will still be auditioning for the new A Troupe but..." He pointed to Richelle to continue his sentence.

"Anyone from A or B Troupe already, will automatically make it to the second round. So that those that have more experience, have more of a chance." Richelle stated, proud of the ideology she and Noah had proposed.