-Part 20-

Katie’s POV

I watched as all the boys ran into Nash’s hotel room, it was something somewhat beautiful to watch. They were all such good friends. I can’t believe how quickly they accepted me, it seems as though it happened so fast.

I felt a hand slip into mine, and stop me from walking further. I spun around slowly, already knowing who it was, “Yes, Crawford?”

“I was just wondering,” he trailed off.

“What were you wondering?” I looked at him expectantly. He then quickly looked up and kissed me. Just a small, short, sweet kiss. I smiled a little smile as his face backed away from mine. I hugged him tightly, him being taller than I, he hugged my shoulders, and I hugged his waist. We laughed as we rocked back and forth in the hallway. We said nothing as we walked into the room filled with boys, shirts off, abs showing. They were all doing different things, some were on laptops, others were on phones, and some were arm wrestling over the coffee table. I was holding Crawford’s hand and leaning on his shoulder.

I felt eyes on us as we walked over to the intense arm-wrestling match, and sat down. It was Chris against Carter, they were both doing fairly well, and then out of the blue, I felt a heavy weight on my back. I looked up to see Nash, I tried to knock him off, but because of the continuous laughter I was failing miserably. “Nash, I, can’t, breathe,” I managed to get out between breaths. He slowly fell off of my back and onto the floor.

“Katie, can we go for a walk?” Matt asked. I nodded at him before kissing Crawford’s cheek and following Matt out the door. We walked in silence as we made our way out of the hotel, and onto the bustling streets of New York.

“What are we walking for?” I asked with a small laugh. I looked up ahead and saw a park, where it was fairly empty.

“I just wanted to talk to you, it feels a though we haven’t done that in a while,” he said as we entered the ghost park.

“Well what do you want to talk about?”

“Are you doing okay?” He asked as we sat under the shade of a large tree, away from the noise of the streets, and the few walking people.

“What do you mean?”

“Are you happy?” He asked getting rather serious.

“I guess,” I said un-sure of the response he wanted to get.

“No, I want to make sure that you are one hundred percent happy here, doing this, with us,”

“It’s a million times better than the year I had last year. I want to stay with you guys for as long as I can, but if you ever want me to leave, say the word and I’m gone.”

“Katie you see, none of us want you to leave ever, and I don’t know how long this will last before your parents come and find you, because technically speaking Shawn kidnapped you.” He said and I thought about it for a second. “Katie, look at me,” I looked up at his serious face.

“Matt I’m scared,” I said my voice getting weary, but I won’t cry.

“Don’t be, me and Shawn are here, and will always protect you. I know that the other boys will to. Katie, you’re not alone anymore, and you need to trust us,” he looked straight into my eyes.

“I don’t trust easily. I want to, but I can’t. To many people let me down.” I broke our stare. “I know I can trust you guys, but,” I was cut short my Matt pressing his lips to mine. It was about thirty seconds later before I pulled away, I looked through his eyes, which were seemingly deep. I jumped up and ran, I knew he was chasing after me, but I didn’t bother to look back. His hand caught mine, jerking me backward.

“Katie,”

“Matt, I trusted you. I can’t have you all just go and do that, and then end up caught in something you want to get out of. Leaving Shawn with another choice to make, and I can’t do that.”

I broke his grasp and began running back towards the hotel. Once I got there, I looked over my shoulder to see that Matt was nowhere in sight, I quickly straightened myself out and walked into the elevator.

Once I reached the hallway I ran up to Carter and I’s room, and slide my key into the lock mechanism and swung open the door. I gently shut it behind me. I began placing my clothes in the suitcase that Matt gave me, and zipped it shut. I placed my phone, along with its charger from the outlet, on top of the suitcase, and placed my key there to. I looked around for a piece of paper and pen, I opened the drawers in the nightstand beside my bad and found a small pad of paper, and a pen with the hotel’s name on it. I sat down and began to scribble words on it.

My favourites,

I can’t thank you enough for all that you’ve done for me. You all understand me much more than anyone I’ve ever known. I’m not leaving because of anyone. I’m leaving because of the choices that will come to you guys that aren’t mandatory, in the future. I will probably see you guys again, sometime soon. I just need time to think,

Shawn, I don’t want you to have to make the choice again, because that’s not fair.

I Love All Of You,

                                Katie.

P.S. If you really need me back, you’ll be able to find me.

I the note along with my other things, and walked out of the room. I began to sprint down the hallway, and took the stairs, since I was going down, it was easy. I knew that they would find the note later on today, and that they would find me. Eventually, but until then I need time to think.