-Part 19-

Katie’s POV

                I awoke to the impeccably bright, yet annoying sun shining through the open curtains around the window. I slowly rolled over and lifted my head ever-so-slightly over my pillow, so I could see the time on the alarm clock provided from the hotel. It was already 11:00 am. I jumped out of my bed in a fierce panic, to find that Carter was already gone. His bed neatly made, I walked around for a few minutes, until I remembered that their Magcon show started around 10:00 this morning, I placed my hand over my chest in relief. A note that was slid between the doorframe and the door itself caught my eye as I reached out to open my suitcase. I walked over and snatched the note, I unfolded it to find neatly printed words;

                I set an alarm on your phone for 11:15, that’s when the show’s done and we’re going out for breakfast. I’ll send Crawford to collect your sleepy ass, when the shows over.

                PS The place is real fancy, so dress to impress.

                                Loves ya babe, CARTER

                I laughed at how he called me babe. I then crumpled the note and threw it in the trash can beside the bathroom door before I walked over and turned the alarm off, so I didn’t get annoyed when it went off again in fifteen minutes.

                I stalked over to my suitcase and looked through all the clothes that Shawn had bought be back in California. I never really cared about choosing outfits so much, and if it was as fancy as Carter described, oh well. I grabbed a pair of high-waisted, ripped jean shorts. To be honest I wasn’t fond of how they looked on me, but with those damn bruises on my thighs healed, I was going to wear them, so Shawn wouldn’t have wasted his money. I then chose this blouse type shirt, it was mint green and had small white stripes. I pulled the clothes on, and put on a pair of white vans that Shawn bought me, they were still much to white to my liking, maybe this outing would get them dirtied up a bit. I then looked over my shoulder at the clock, it was 11:10am, and so I jumped into the washroom, and brushed through my purple-ended hair, and threw it up, into a high pony-tail. I looked at my earrings, all silver, just like when I got them pierced when I was thirteen for my birthday. I had three lobe piercings on each side, and one cartilage on my left ear. I never really showed them off. I throw a little bit of water onto my face, then pat it dry with a clean facecloth from the hotel. When I walk out of the bathroom, it is 11:20am, I can’t believe that I spent ten whole minutes in the washroom.

                I sit on the bed, and un-plug my phone from its charger, I looked at the notifications on the screen, I received a text message from Crawford three minutes ago saying that he was on his way up to get me. I then whip my head in the direction of the door, as it creaks open, I see Crawford’s face go from is-she-sleeping? To oh-there-you-are in a matter of seconds.

                “Ready to go?” he asked. I nodded and grabbed my key off the side table, and walked past Crawford into the hallway. I locked the door, and we walked to the elevator and made our way down in unintentional silence. When the doors to the lobby opened, I walked out confidently, and then caught a glimpse of the boys standing with two girls, I presumed they were fans. I just walked up, and stood beside Shawn trying to get a better look at the two girls who appeared to be fans. I almost fainted when I saw the two familiar girls, one smirked at me when she saw me peek out from behind Shawn, who hasn’t acknowledged my presence yet.

                “Katie right?” The girl who scratched my face began. Everybody looked at me.

                “Yeah, and you are?” I said with a surprisingly sharp tone, Taylor’s ex seemed to be taken back by my response.

                “I’m Grace, little miss bitch.” I just breathed out and looked down. She had blonde hair, just as I remembered, with green-blue eyes that matched Taylor’s eyes.

                “Can we just go and eat?” I asked the whole group.

                “Just hold up, you don’t need to be eating so much. I don’t think you’re going to be needing the extra pounds,” the other said, I remember her as Nina, Cameron’s ex. I looked down at my stomach, crossing my arms, I wasn’t going to cry though. I felt all the boys look down as she said it, they just stood there doing nothing.

                “Why don’t you guys go ahead then, I’ll catch up,” I told them in as nice and sweet of a tone that I could manage.

                “That sounds good with me, one less person the better, and thank god it’s you and not one of the boys.” Nina and Grace laughed as they began walking towards the exit. All the boys followed, with frowns spread across their faces, and their hands in their pockets. All except Taylor, he walked over and stood beside me as they all left and turned the corner.

                “I’m sorry,” he said. “They’re Chris and Crawford’s cousins.”

                I just nodded as I watched Grace run back into the building, the others chased after her, she ran directly up to me and slapped me across the face. I didn’t move, I just felt my eyes look towards the floor, and tears line the waterline of my eyes. I wasn’t going to cry though. I saw Taylor and Crawford step between me and her.

                “Why does she insist on having what she can’t have?” Grace and Nina continued on, they made many hand gestures that made absolutely no sense.

                I think I heard Chris and Crawford say that it was time for them to leave. They were escorted out, by the boys, ensuring that neither of them came back. I just stood there as everyone left. I watched them turn the corner before I walked to the outdoor pool’s deck, I looked around the fenced in yard, and found a gate, leading to a small, and filled to the brim with extremely beautiful foliage, lining the paths around the spacious backyard park. I walked around to the very back corner and sat on a marble bench. Thinking about what they had said to me. How I was a bitch, because of my tone with the girl who caused a faint scar on my face. Then they told me that I shouldn’t me eating, and frankly, I’ve always thought that maybe if I didn’t eat so much I would look more like them. Thin, hip-bones visible, non-flabby thighs, calves and arms. I sigh, as I pull my legs up to me chest on the bench. There is nobody else in the courtyard, I am surrounded by mature trees that create a small awning over me to block the blistering sun. I just sit there, my own thoughts are making my head spin. I hear a few voices call my name from the pool area, followed by, “She’s not out here,” and a door slamming shut. I bury my head into my hands and just rest there, I don’t cry though. I then think that the boys need to go and eat, and they won’t do so until they find me. I slowly stand and feel dizzy, but regain my balance eventually as I walk back into the lobby. I see a few of the boys seated in the large waiting area, I walk up behind the couch they were sat on and leaned in, they still hadn’t noticed I was there. I then say, “I’m back in a harsh whisper, causing them all to jump out of their seat and look at me. They all sigh with relief.

                “Where were you?” Taylor asked me.

                “Hiding,” I laughed, they all laughed along with me.

                I was then lifted and threw into the car that we arrived in, when the rest of the boys crawled into the vehicle, we drove to a Nandos. Conversation was small, and taken up by multiple ‘sorry’s.