cinquante cinq

GOLDEN DAYS─CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE

━━━━

          The knock on the door of her on-set trailer made her heart ridiculously pound as she tossed her phone to the side

The knock on the door of her on-set trailer made her heart ridiculously pound as she tossed her phone to the side. She heard voices from outside her trailer and it made her even more convinced that he was here. Alyona didn't lie if she said she was surprised by his sudden visit because he had told her that he had a new project and it would take most of his time. They didn't have a proper conversation for the last three weeks and all of a sudden, Froy redeemed it all by coming to Atlanta just to visit her.

Another knock dashed her mind, causing her to instantly stand from her seat. Alyona scurried to the mirror first to fix her ponytail before she made her way to the door, straightening her crumpled skirt in the process. With a deep breath, Alyona opened the door to come face to face with Froy and Elizabeth Olsen.

"I believe this attractive guy next to me is yours, Aly." Elizabeth beamed, grinning widely. "He's a bit lost, so I helped him while the others almost led him to Scarlett's trailer – blame Tom and Anthony for that because they were the ones who wanted to prank him."

Alyona escaped out a chuckle, shaking her head in the process. "That assholes."

"I know right? They're a bunch of idiots." She laughed before taking it as her cue to leave. "Okay, I'm gonna go back to my trailer. Have fun, lovebirds. But, not too much fun – we don't need Jeremy to babble overnight saying about how he spent his money only for a sniper rifle." The statement made Froy's eyes widen as Elizabeth patted his shoulder twice, winking at him. "He's a bit protective over his on-set daughter."

"Thank you, Lizzie!" Alyona shouted after her as she clamped her mouth to keep herself from bursting out of laughter, stepping aside and motioning Froy to come in. "It's just a joke."

"Most of male population here is certainly protective of you – why am I not surprised?" Froy commented.

Once they were inside, the silence immediately tumbled between them – it wasn't an awkward silence though. Smiles planted on their lips as they stared at each other. No words slipped out of their mouth, as if they were releasing their longing silently. Though they had only been separated for three weeks, it was long enough for them to miss each other deeply.

The feelings of guilt still raged within her because she wasn't supposed to put her feelings on someone without telling him what made her refuse to label anything to their relationship. Froy deserved to know everything before she got worse than this, sure at this moment Alyona was still in the first phase, but it would obviously deteriorate without her knowing it. And she definitely didn't want him to see her slowly beaten by her own illness.

"Lona?" Froy questioned, a frown falling onto his face. "Are you okay?"

Alyona blinked a few times before forcing a grin to form on her lips. "Always."

Froy chuckled and pulled her into a hug. "I miss you, Lona."

"Really? Too bad I didn't."

Froy laughed heartily, causing his chest to vibrate on her face. "Too bad it took a lot of effort to convince me."

"Damn right." Alyona muttered and pulled away, looking up at him. "I thought you were in Dallas?"

"I was." Froy responded. "But, I really miss you so I came."

"You don't have to do that."

Alyona's smile seemed to grow wider, realizing that he had left everything behind only to see her. Honestly, no one ever did that to her–except for Tom, Bob and Taron, but they weren't counted because they were her best friends–and for some reason, she was very glad that it was Froy. She was happy, undeniably happy – even though one factor was still left out, she couldn't help but relished each minute of her temporarily blissfulness.

"Well, why not?" Froy smiled and cupped her cheeks before placing his lips on hers for a brief moment. "I'll do anything for my best girl."

━━━━

AUTHOR'S NOTE; i call captain of this ship☝🏻