Y.A.M ( 13 )

You are More ( 1 3 )

A/N*  My goal is to complete this story before summer ends :)  So for my readers I'm going to update daily or like every other day or whatever XD  Thank you so much for reading!  I now have 2000 reads which is amazing and really heartwarming for me.  Please, enjoy this chapter.

Embarrassed? No, I’m more than embarrassed.  Scared, for sure.  The truth is out, well, kind of.  Emma knew my secret, which is why she never wanted me to go back to Malcolm High.  That school treated me like hell and they had no clue I was raped.  Now I lay all my trust in Allee.  Yes, what happened to me happened fifteen years ago, but it’s still humiliating.  I watch those Special Victim Units episodes about rape victims and them having to face their attacker in court and all that other trash.  How could I ever face mine?

  The only good thing from today was when I told Jorge about my job at the high school.  He took it very well; in fact he couldn’t be more please.  He thanked me, hugged me, and congratulated me.  I left right after the chat.  Emma picked me up around four and we got home around four….four, thirty.

I collapsed on the couch and kicked my legs in the air.  I put a big smile on my face and squealed before Emma entered the living room.

“Someone is in a good mood.” She joked as she took a seat on the ground.  She laid back and arched her arms behind her head as if a pillow.  She then narrowed her eyes at me.

“Maybe because someone is.” I said, shifting to lie on my side.

“Emma curious,” she sang, “why so happy?”

“I told Allee how I got pregnant!” I replied with excitement.  I didn’t realize how stupid I sounded until Emma sprung off the floor and astonishingly gawked at me.  I didn’t realize how stupid I sounded until I realized how could I be excited that I was raped? “O, oh my God, “I gasped, this time sounding depress, “I told Allee how I got pregnant.”

“You told a seventeen year old girl you were raped?” Emma investigated making sure she heard me correctly.

I slowly nodded. 

“I told my secret.” I said aloud while I fluttered my eyes bewilderingly at the ground.  I panicky brushed my arms together and rocked back and forth.

Emma kneeled on a knee in front of me and placed her hands on my bare legs.  Her concerned eyes met with mine and she asked, “How does it feel?”

I felt my heart drop.  It was almost the exact feeling I got when I heard Casey was dead, kind of like your heart’s leaping up into your throat, and unable to express your feelings.  I fought the struggle and managed to speak, “Not as great as I thought.”

She gave a heartwarming smile and softly asked, “Why?”

“I always pictured what would happen when I told someone what Luke did to me.  I hoped that this person, this hero, would save me from him, get rid of him, bring him to jail, or even kill him.  I constantly pictured Luke on his knees begging for forgiveness which he would never receive.   I pictured justice.”

“He’s no longer in your life, Elena.” Emma reminded.

“But he’s still out there, Emma,” I protested, “For all I know he probably raped more girls after me.”

Thinking such horrible thoughts made me disgusted.  I gently pushed Emma off of me and dashed to the bathroom.  I practically bounced from wall to wall until I arrived to the bathroom.  I kneeled in front of the toilet and with one breath I threw up.  I kept my eyes closed as I did.  Before I could stink up the bathroom I flushed the toilet.