21-The tale of Two Edwards

The Tale of Two Edwards

BELLA POV

"Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.John Webster

All things related to Twilight belong to Stephanie Meyer.

Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no matter — tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... And one fine morning —

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

I read the last lines of The Great Gatsby and closed the book as Edward kissed his way up my legs that were currently left naked, wrapped in his sheets.

"I like that book the best so far." Edward's voice was mumbled and he finally looked at me with piercing eyes, "Even though I usually hate it."

"I told you that you would." I put the book on the table next to his bed, "I don't know why you insist that Fitzgerald can't write."

"He's just never done anything for me." Edward stopped his kissing and came to lie next to me.

It was the end of October, only two days before Halloween and I was more than willing to just sit in Edward's house and read forever.

I had gone through about five novels in the span of four days. I would read a little from each of them every night and if I was staying over Edward's, he wouldn't let me go to sleep unless I read to him. It was "our thing" I guess and I didn't understand what it was but Edward always seemed turned on by me reading so that would merge into late night love making sessions that never tired me out.

After the first initial shock of Edward's veracious sexual appetite, I realized that it wasn't an odd thing to go two, three rounds in a night and we would be dog tired by the next morning but I didn't care. He was incredible and taught me things about my body that I didn't ever think were possible. The way I screamed from pleasure should have brought the ceilings down. I was turning into a nymphomaniac because all I thought about was fucking Edward if we were apart and I literally counted down the minutes until I could see him again.

It was pathetic but I didn't have any way of explaining it.

No matter what it was, Edward and I were fucking like rabbits and I was slowly getting used to being in his bed when I went to sleep as well as when I woke up. In the past week, I think I've slept in my dorm maybe once and that was only because I had a group study session that night.

Edward and I had settled into a very comfortable routine. Every afternoon, he would either pick me up or I would just walk to his apartment, which wasn't that far away. Sometimes Alice would walk with me and stop off at Jasper's but most of the time, it was just me alone.

I didn't have a key to the place and I had to ask the man at the front desk for a new one every time. I would hold onto it like a lifeline in my pocket or book bag but whenever I would look for the damned thing, it was gone. I had a suspicion that Edward was taking them while I slept but I hadn't approached him about it yet.

If Edward was home when I came up, then we would order dinner and he made me do homework before the real fun began. We would lock ourselves in his room, reading, having sex, talking.

If he wasn't home then I would just wait until he got back from work before jumping him like a crazed groupie.

That was basically it.

Nothing too exciting to report but it was nice to just spend time together with Edward because I was falling more in love and I didn't know how to tell him.