Chapter 2

I was still staring down at his file. I had everything about his case in my hands. I studied his face. dark long hair that was ruggishly messy on his head and his deep piecing eyes cold. Even his picture made me feel uncomfortable. I saw the smirk on his lips and his two prominent dimples either side of them. I wasn't going to lie, he was devilishly handsome.

"I understand if you rather look over his case for a while -" I cut him off.

"Actually that won't be necessary, I can always meet him first and see how it goes yes?"

"Of course" nodding as he agreed.

"Then all is fine, I will let you know if anything changes."

I could always see him and decide after, who am I to decline him? I haven't even met him. I'm not saying it will be a walk in the park but I could at least try, otherwise his case will only be prolonged. There isn't any need for that.

I snapped his file closed. I would look back on that if I had to, however I rather know the person in front of me instead of the name printed on paper.

"Excellent, thankyou for your time."
Mr Prittlewell wishes me well and a little while longer excited my office. My eyes wondered over the smart print of the EdgeWater patient files. Patient number 06137 Mr Harrison Elliot Shaw.

I thought back to the picture and his name suits him well. I shook my head knowing the amount of paperwork I had to complete especially for the next patients, trying to clear my head. After returning to my desk I shifted my papers and let my head fall into my hands. My brunette hair fell gently over my face as my attention was brought back to lunch, then the stacks of information I would have to process; pushing Harrison Shaw at the very back of my mind.

******

I arrive at work Monday morning. It has been four days since me and Mr Prittlewell had our conversation. I still feel as confident as I did the last time. Charles sees me coming, rushing to grab the door.

"Morning" sounding way too too cheery for this time.

"Morning Charles, anything new?"
I laugh lightly knowing his job was more than entertaining for him, everyday there was some sort of trouble.
"Well miss, We have had a large muck up and all the new patients have been dropped off a day early, so that had kind of thrown everybody off for the day." He says the stress evident in his face.

"Wait, all?" This means more work and a tighter deadline.

"Yes mam"

"Thankyou Charles" I look around the lobby noticing there was more people than usual. I walk causally up the staircase and as quickly to my office as possible. I had prepared for them to arrive Tuesday so I knew I had to make sure I had completed what I needed to.

On my travels I pass the television room. Patients were scheduled in groups for a hour of television at a time, however this is used as a privilege not something they are deserving of for just being here. A small television was mounted high on a tall tiled wall. I took a quick glance at the patients. There was easily 20 or so people. I look at the door, there stood two guards with sour faces.

"Morning" I spoke to both guards, their eyes flick to mine.

"Good morning miss" they was polite but stood stern.

"I'm sorry for interrupting but what group are they, the patients?" I know there was a high chance they would tell me to mind my own, however I did not recognise a single individual in the room before me.

One guard obviously checked me up and down witch made me cringe. He was much taller than I with blonde short hair. Not long after he answered.

"No group miss, new patients go delivered earlier than expected so we didn't have enough guards on duty to guard them individually" Telling me what I had expected.

"I see and how long have they been kept in there?"

"Since they go here, two hours maybe."

I knew processing took time but this is a large scale of people. Understanding it could take longer than expected I spoke back to both of them.

"Okay thankyou" I turning my back on them.

The guard who seemed the most interested in the situation smirked and spoke. I could even hear the way his smirk sounded along with his words.

"No problem, Doll"

It had been the same guard. I squished my nose up at the pet name as if I had smelt something most horrid. He laughed as I made no attempt to hide my disgust as I continued walking through the double doors.

I eventually make my way to my office feeling already drained and the day had hardly begun. I walked to my window, leaning my hands up against the ledge, I noticed a small group of people swamped at the front gates. Reporters. I knew exactly what story they had come to dig for dirt on. Harrison Shaws.

As it had been said Harrison had been in the public eye for awhile now, ever since he had been caught and convicted having done what he had done, he has had reporters follow his every move. I have only glanced over his basic information page of his file, along with the other new patients.

Apart from the paperwork I had to complete at a later date, I had finished most and decided to pop them down to the lobby for Mr Prittlewell's assistant to collect. She had asked for it Friday morning coming, however with everything going on I might as well sort out what I can.

I take myself all the way back down the lobby watching my feet cross cracks and marks in the white marble tiles below me. When I reach the reception desk I noticed that it was left unattended. Deciding I would grab a pen and a scrap bit of paper I scribble a quick " the forms you was after" along with my name. She would see them when she returned.

I got halfway back to my office when I heard a commotion down the hall. The television room. I rush until I am in front of the problem, only noticing then that the two sour faced guards facial features had shifted form sour to angry, unlocking the door hastily, quick to get inside.

The guards pounced towards two individuals, one had the other pines by his neck against the wall. There was uproar. The dangerously aggressive male still had his hands around the others neck, breathing deep with his knuckles turning white as he gripes tightly, slamming the others head into the wall over and over. His teeth were clenched as he then lifted the man like a rag doll only to then slam him back into the wall full force. His victim was red in the face and his eyes had rolled back into his head, taking extremely small gasps of air. He had had enough.

The amount of noise that was rattling around the room was deafening. People were screaming, a few people were crying and others even hysterically laughing. This didn't surprise me.

The strongest of the two guards managed to grab the attacker around the top of his arms. He was dragged away when the second of the two guards rushed to the patient who had just taken the beating. He was out cold and the guard grabbed him and rushed him out of the room, most probably running him to medical. We would normally call nurses however the amount of bloody that was rushing out of the back of his head looked final, there was hardly any time.
His attacker was taken to the ground kicking and screaming bloody murder, only then did I recognise his face. The same dark eyes that were now murderous and rough expression I had seen only hours earlier. This was Harrison Shaw as all that he was. It took only minuets to bring him into submission as the guard grabbed his head and pushed it to the floor, his face flat to the side against the cold dirty tiles beneath him. He hardly had any choice in the matter as his hands were pinned behind him with the guard knee on his back, smothering him with his weight.

Mr Shaws face was red with frustration, his eyes were still wild and he looked livid. He had been trying to shake the guard off however he was still left unsuccessful. He needed to be removed. I looked at the guard and gave me the nod. He hoisted Shaw onto his feet the best he could and dragged him out of the room towards isolation. I could still hear his yells echoing off the stone tile walls as he was pulled away. The voices drifted silent.

A full ten minuets had passed and other individuals had not long quieted down. I had noticed a nurse from the ward come to assist a second guard that was pulled from his duties. I removed myself not long after they had both gained control and locked up the doors for a second time today. I knew where I had to be so I took myself away and heading down the opposite way; towards isolation.