Chapter 16 - After the Engagement Party

After the engagement party, Erik and Roan thanked their families and friends for attending and sharing the night with them. Most of the guests were staying in the hotel, but some stayed in other hotels in Boracay. 

Erik accompanied Roan back to her hotel suite so they can both rest. They will be back to Manila tomorrow morning. Erik has a few appointments back in Manila and Roan is to go back to work that Monday.

“Goodnight Roan, I’m so happy tonight. I hope you were happy, too.” he said.

“Of course I’m happy, Erik. It was a great night. Now we just have to think about when we want to get married.” she said.

“Yes, I want it as soon as possible, if okay lang sa’yo. But we’ll talk about it when we are back to Manila.”

“Okay. Sige na, maaga pa ang flight mo bukas.” 

“Oo nga, are you sure hindi ka sasabay sa amin nina Mommy?” he asked. 

He is going back with his Mom and Dad aboard the Presidential charter plane while Roan is going back to Manila with her family.

“Oo, sabay na lang ako kina Nanay. Pag kinasal na tayo bihira ko na silang makasama di ba?”

“Ok, alam mo naman na you can always visit them pag kasal na tayo. So, pa’no I will call you as soon as we are in Manila. We have to arrange a meeting with a wedding planner,” Erik added.

“Excited na ako dyan! O kiss na para makatulog ng mahimbing good night na!” and she quickly kissed him on his lips.

“Bilis non ah. Sige na good night na. I love you.”

“I love you too,” and she blew kisses as she closed the door. 

They knew they can’t afford to keep kissing or it will lead to something else. They are both tempted, but the purity of their love for each other is stronger. 

She will wear a white bridal gown, and she wants to give it justice – she will walk the aisle pure – literally. 

She dreams of a simple white wedding gown. She wants their wedding to be simple but intimate. She took of her gown, sighed with a smile on her face. She was so happy tonight. She seems to start learning how to blend in with Erik’s social class. His parents seem to be happy for both of them. Her family is happy for them, too. What more can she ask? She is happy, but a nagging feeling keeps popping out of nowhere. 

Roan thought of Cassandra, she seems to be cooking up something. Her woman’s intuition is telling her that she intentionally dropped the wine glass to distract their attention. Erik’s in particular.

She tried to erase her doubts, she will try her best to be nice to her but if she does something drastic that will put her relationship with Erik, she will see who the new Roan is. She will fight for their love and if it takes a fist to do it, she will. 

Roan laughed, "Where did that Gabriela Silang mode come from?" Ano ba yan Roan, matulog ka na nga, buti na lang hindi kasing aga ng flight ni Erik ang flight mo kundi hello eye bags ka!"

She then tried to sleep but couldn’t, so she decided to go to the suite’s balcony and watched the stars. She poured herself a glass of water. 

She seems to get thirsty suddenly. She is only wearing her pajamas – a white sleeveless top and shorts. She puts her robe on and stood by the railing of the balcony. She felt peaceful. She liked the silence of the night – actually it was early morning, but it was still dark. It was around 2:30 in the morning last time she checked her watch.

She didn’t notice that at one of the balcony on her left, there was also another soul who can’t seem to sleep. 

Matthew.

After he had a short stroll by the beach he went back to his room and stayed at his suite’s balcony. 

He didn’t know he was just 2 rooms away from Roan’s. His was on her left while Erik’s suite was on the right. 

He was drinking a glass of red wine. He can’t sleep. He wasn’t wearing any shirt. He was only wearing his boxer shorts. It was late, and he thought everybody’s asleep.

He was thinking about Roan. He tries to shake off the thought of her and looked on his right – he saw Roan. He blinked to make sure it wasn’t his imagination. 

He thought he was thinking too much about her that she seem to appear for real – but she is real. 

She was there on her suite’s balcony, a glass in one hand while looking up the sky – lost in thoughts. She looks so beautiful. 

She looks like an angel with her white sleeveless shirt and shorts. She was unaware of her surroundings, she seem to be mesmerized by what she is seeing.

Matthew sighed. He didn't want her to see him staring at her. He hid himself behind the plant on his balcony. He didn't want her to feel uncomfortable that he was watching her. From here he can silently feast his eyes on her beauty.

"Damn you Roan, of all women, why does it have to be you? " he took the remaining wine on his glass.

He felt warmth hit through his body. Just looking at her make him throb in pain. He didn't know anyone can affect him this much. 

He had a few girls and they were all happy to just be around him and go to bed with him, but most of the time – it was mere pleasure. 

But Roan, Roan without any effort, could give him that warmth and unimaginable thoughts he didn't know he could fantasize about. 

Roan felt as if someone is staring at her. She looked around and found no one around. She took another gulp of water and decided to go back inside. She has to try to sleep. Tomorrow is another day. One busy day.