Chapter 1

Christian

Life was so simple, there was me and there was this hospital bed, yes and in between are complex medication to cure this fucking cancer
At the end was, Death
All my life I was laying here with the sense of death will knock on my door soon, and all my life they were trying to kick out this fucked up cancer.

Trying to save me is like trying to save a tree that's been rotting from the inside. They are trying to save their son with those medication, oxygen,amputation and endless chemotherapy that seems to ripped off my hair, they think that if I became bald and if they remove my leg I will live a longer life, I don't know I'm too tired to think. But some singer says "before you save someone else, you've got to save yourself"

I was in fifth grade when I was diagnosed with stage 1 osteosarcoma, a kind of cancer that a malignant tumor is growing in my bones, like in John Green's book.

I was playing basketball then a small twist happen that lead to small fracture to my knee, so we went to the doctor to get my knee in proper location
but that's not the major problem, the doctor sees a malignant tumor that's growing within my knee and they say that tumor made my leg vulnerable to accidents and their diagnosis was osteosarcoma, a cancer to the bone. It didn't sinked in to me that I was dying and I never planned to die young, I never see my mum cry as many tears since that day, and I know life will never be simple as I thought it would be,

I stopped school because of my condition, and God, being alone is a burden that I cannot carry, but mum would always try to tell me that if I you're cancer was die cured you can go back to school and you can live a normal life.

When I was 12, my cancer spread throughout my body, from stage 1 to stage 3 and the doctor suggest that my leg needs to be removed so the cancer cells wouldn't spread out, but it will be replaced by a prosthetic leg

I was depressed knowing the some of my parts will not be equal with the sum of their parts, I ended up with a dark room with some quotes beside the wall that tells about the hope of living, I knew that I was incomplete inside out, watching some boring cartoons.

I'm all alone with the hopes of not waking up one day but that's so sad, haha but to lighten up a bit I have terminated my cancer cells on my 18th birthday, I have fight my way to greatness this year but its too late to return to my normal life now.

Its too late to go back to school so I enrolled at a special class for those people who stopped their life to heroic things, maybe save the world or having a cancer or having a secret life, yeah having cancer is like being heroic like what my physical therapist say.

"Thank you, Mr. De Guzman for that wonderful report"

"Whose next?"

As I came down to my arm chair,

"Nice chris"

"Thank you adrian"

Adrian was one of my best friend here in my class he too is a cancer survivor, lung cancer so he used to bring his oxygen tank in school. And I used to bring it, Adrian was the tough person I know, he fights cancer more than 17 years, he was a survivor of lung cancer that never seem to wear off, the doctor said he will only live until 15 years but what a surprise cause he lives now 3 years after the doctor said he will die.

Adrian and I met in a cancer support group called "Bahay Pag-asa" a year later, my mum force me to join that group, at first it was boring, yeah full of amens and prayers that's left unanswered since this day.

Until I met my adrian, and no I'm not gay and were not gay the way you think.

We stay together through thick and chemo, Adrian didn't like school and after a year later here we are pursuing our highschool diploma in a school called "Ted and Judy's school for cancer survivors" it sound cliché right?

"hey adrian and chris"

"Wassup earl"

And sitting beside me is earl, he also has osteosarcoma like me, we've met when I was 15 when we both undergo an operation, both of our right leg had been cut off and been replaced by a prosthetic leg, and we call it, (with the tone of like a robot) "cyborg" he was one of the cancer patient that has written their last will and testament, yeah he's prepared to die.

Earl was the only child of Owen and Jade, His father Owen was a survivor of intraocular melanoma a cancer that grows inside the eyeball, so of course his father is blind and her mother has Dyslexia, so they expect earl may have a problem in his vision but when jade bear him the doctors said that he's normal

Then when he reached the age of 5 cancer grew on him, and what a surprise its not eye cancer, but its different like Osteosarcoma

And Earl was a survivor like me after a series of medication, they decided to cut off his left arm, and were cyborg ready to invade the human race

(SOUND OF THE BELL RINGING)

"Oh its time!"
Rushing through the door leaving adrian and earl in the midst of people

"Bye chris" Adrian shouted

I was in a hurry, Because Pokemon will start in a minute,

"I wanna be the very best" singing through the cluster of people

Running through the streets,
My house was near to our school maybe a 20 meter sprint but what do you expect with my prosthetic? Not because I'm a cyborg doesn't mean I'm good at running.

After a few breathe,
"Hooorray ! I'm here and its started" humming through the pokemon theme song