10 - Poignée

I do not own the idea of mutants.

Hey everyone :) Sorry for taking so long to update. Usually I like to update every other day or so, but I'm pretty sure it's been 4 days!! So sorry :l

                                                                         ENJOY!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 Chapter Ten

Poignée    

(Grip)

            My eyelashes fluttered as I woke up, momentarily confused. The spring sun caressed my face with its warm kisses, the dark green grass a soft pillow beneath me. I was lying on Jake's legs lengthwise, my lips gradually curving in an unrestrainable smile as his gentle hand played with my hair. That was the best way I'd ever woken up in my life.

      It was one of those times where my chest was so swollen with happiness that I thought I'd burst. That foreign, beautiful feeling that only my Jake could give me.

                                                                   My Jake. What a concept.

     It was just... unbelievable that he wanted me. Me, of all people! I mean, it was so hard to believe the things he told me. That I was beautiful, funny, that I made him more happy than anyone in the world. More than his parents, his sisters... It was, honestly, unbelievable.

                     But amazingly, unimaginably, incomprehensibly, it was true.

                                                                 Jake wanted me.

           I reached up and took his hand in mine, kissing it briefly. My eyes met his and he smiled at me. "Sorry, did I wake you up?" He asked sheepishly.

       I smiled up at him reassuringly. "It's okay.  I shouldn't have been sleeping anyway." I sat up, facing him, and crossed my legs.

        He smiled brightly at me, and I returned it, my breath stolen from my lungs at his impossible gorgeousness. "It's no big deal. We have all day, you know." He told me.

    "But I don't want to waste my time with you..." I admitted, regaining my ability to speak. 

    He kissed my forehead, then tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "We've got time. How'd you put it? We've got tomorrow... and the day after that.... and the day after that... and the day after that..."

    I laughed, agreeing. "You've got a point there." I hesitated. "How long have I been out?"