29

Will stared at himself in the mirror. It was really happening. Holy shit.

They were all graduating.

Will was in his cap and gown, Joyce and Jonathan both crying.

"I remember when you were 12 a-and-" Joyce wiped her tears, holding her sons hand tightly.

Will was dropped off, greeted by his friends. "We all made it, didn't we?" Dustin smiled.

"We really did, didn't we?" Lucas hugged him. "God, I'm gonna miss all your asses after high school. I know most of you are going to go to college." Max complained.

Will and Mike hug a long while, making promises under their breaths to each other.

They go and find their order, sitting down.
-
It was finally the moment.

"Will Byers!" Everyone starts chanting 'zombie boy' as he goes up. He asks to give a speech.

"Hello everybody in Hawkins high school! Whether it be your family, or friends, give it up for your seniors!" Everybody cheered loudly.

"Okay, okay. I want to get a little deep here." Everybody gets quiet again.

"When I was in kindergarten, I met the best people I've ever met in my lifetime. I'm still best friends with those people today. High school gave me so many opportunities to have fun and dance and just act stupid. I want everyone to know how much it means to be to be here tonight. This means I made it... we made it. We all made it. Now listen to me, I know life seems hard right now, but I swear to you, somebody is gonna be holding your hand along the way. I learned. I learned to appreciate the little things. Like your boyfriend." He points to Mike. "Like your friends." He points to Dustin, Lucas and Max. "Even what you consider family." He points to Eleven. "Appreciate them while you can, get closer to your friends and love a little more than you do." He paused, smiling.

"And to think... it all started when I went missing."

The end.