What They Become

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Skye was led down a couple of stairs with a bunch of guards standing nearby while Ward commented beside her, "Checking exits, numbers of men, weapons inventory. I'm impressed. How's your marksmanship?"

She nonchalantly replied as he continued to lead her to a room, "I don't know. Hand me your side handgun and let's find out."

"Cool under pressure. I see May's teaching you control." Ward said which made Skye remark, "That's one of our differences. In S.H.I.E.L.D, they train you to control yourself; H.Y.D.R.A wants to control everyone else."

"I'm not loyal to H.Y.D.R.A. My orders were to collect Raina. Bringing you along was my idea." Ward simply commented.

"What're you doing?" Skye questioned as he cut the wires off of her wrists.

Ward stepped over to the doors and looked back at her and replied, "Keeping my promise." He walked into the room with Skye following behind and both noticed a man in a suit, Ward adding, "I'm sure you two have a lot of catching up to do."

Ward then left out of the room and closed the door behind him, leaving her father and herself alone.

Skye folded her hands in front of her waist and tilted her head a little, making Cal speak up first, "Look at that. The way you tilt your head. It's just like... Is it nature or nurture?" His voice broke some as he started, "I promised myself..." He cleared his throat and continued, "I wouldn't get emotional, just-"

Her father sighed and continued again, "I've waited so long for this moment. Let's try again." He recomposed himself and looked back at the woman before starting again, "Hi, I'm Cal. I'm your father. Would you like to sit down?" She shook her head slowly, not moving an inch. "Right. Me neither. Thank you for meeting with me."

"Thank you for...? Are you serious? I was kidnapped off a plane at gun point." Skye spoke up finally, taking a step forward, "That's all you have to say?"

"You're right. Oh, I'm sorry." He replied, "Let's not lose our heads. I-I-I'm just a little nervous. I hope it's okay to admit that to you. This is a big moment. Father, daughter, family reunion. I wanted it to be perfect. I-- I had plans. Those little almond cookies, you know? Flowers, maybe?" Cal smiled a little. "Not like this. Not here."

Skye continued to watch him carefully as he said, "My God. You are beautiful. Well, I don't know what you know about me."

"You're a monster, a murderer, a trail of death wherever you go." Skye spoke up, her eyes slightly watery.