Chapter 7

I opened my eyes and blinked. It was really dark, wherever I was, but I could see my breath. I heard footsteps, then silence. 

Has my stalker kidnapped me? But why?

I shivered in the frozen air, and hoped that this could all be a horrible dream. 

After a few minutes of freezing, a door opened and let dim light escape into the empty, dark room. 

"Rachelle?", a foreign voice asked.

Once again, I found my voice to be obsolete. 

I looked up into the light and squinted. What stood in front of me was most likely my captor. 

He had shaggy brown hair crammed into a beanie, and menacing grey eyes. He had many scars that criss-crossed on his face that added to his formidable look. 

"Rachelle.", he said again as if he were sure it was me. 

He held his arm out for me to grab, but he soon realized that was not going to happen. So he adjusted his hat and picked me up from my crouching position.

I felt unable to move, so his hand was the only thing allowing me to. 

Terror was running through me, but I still had hope that this was a dream because everything was a blur. 

What about my sister? What's going to happen to her?

Tears formed in my eyes at the thought, but I pushed it aside momentarily. 

 We walked down a hall, then reached another room. My abductor flipped on a light switch and grinned. I squinted, and stared into the room in front of me.

There was a small bed, a closet, dresser, and other things you'd find in a bedroom. The walls were plastered an off-white color, and the floor was carpeted in a light grey. 

Inside, my heart sank. 

He's going to keep me here a while. 

Tears formed in my eyes again, but this time I let them fall. 

"Don't cry...I'll take care of you..."

The sound of his voice caused me to react spontaneously. 

"WHO ARE YOU? YOU CRUEL BAST-", I screamed before he cut me off.

"Shh. Just call me Al. You'll be okay here". 

No. I won't be okay here.

My heart was pounding, my breath was heavy, and my feelings were all over the place.

What did I do to deserve this? 

 I fell silent, and I was just in shock.

"Well...you can get settled.", Al finally said. 

I stepped forward into the bright room and shut the door behind me. I heard the wood creak as Al walked back down the hall. 

I sat on the bed and thought in silence. I could feel nothing but terror.

I shut the light off, and crawled into the corner; there was no way I could try to sleep in that creep's bed he has set up. 

My head was filled with wonder.

Has he kidnapped other girls? Were they rescued...or killed?

I sobbed until I was exhausted.

Cramped in the corner of the room, I fell asleep.