Chapter 5

The creek trickled beside me as I wandered through the mud. It just stopped raining today, which is Monday. I didn't bother going to school. 

The sky remained a faint gray as I walked through the damp trees. I stayed very close to home, I was in no mood to deal with some stalker. 

I spent my day unwinding by the forest, or watching TV, trying to get my mind off of things.

I wouldn't trust my parents to tell them what happened. Never. But I wish I could tell someone who would actually believe me. But who?

My day relaxing was quickly replaced by going back to school. 

People taunted me endlessly. 

"First you're a slut, second you lie? Unbelievable.."

I was ready to slam my head against the wall and block everyone out all day. I was so lost, and not to mention lonely. 

I ran into the girl's bathroom; it was empty. I sat against the wall as the bell's sound rang through my ears. Who cares, I didn't want to bother anybody with my existence. 

I sat there thinking for around twenty minutes before realizing I probably should go to class. It felt like torture having to get up and wander through the hall. 

When I arrived, Ms. Brooks was outraged. She didn't say anything, I just could tell by the stringent look in her eyes that she was. 

The day strangled me in every way possible. I couldn't focus, and the tormenting just would not end. 

Getting home wasn't any better. My parents were left in a never ending dispute about who knows what, and I was reminded of how horrible I was every twenty minutes.  

Eventually, the texts and messages ceased and I felt more peaceful. I sat on my bed, neglecting my homework. How important could it be? I have other problems. 

If I wasn't warding off rumors and taunts, I was sleeping or worrying. This routine was driving me crazy. Then, I heard my phone ring again. 

I was just too tired to bother looking, so I didn't.

But it rang again.

And again.

And again.

It was driving me crazy so I turned it on to mute the volume, but the I saw the texts.

Hello beautiful. When will we meet again? Soon I hope. I see you.