This Generation Sucks

Alright, this one is not only a realization, but also kind of a rant. So let's get this thing started!

I was sitting at work the other day, you know.. doing my job and overheard the dumbest conversation(well, I felt it was). Now, you have to understand how my work is set up, we have these little tiny cubicles that are all in a row.... really, they are small desks with little dividers, so you can see others as well as hear them. Anyway, back to the story.... This girl was telling one of the guys what her friends mom did to her friend. Basically, her friend is moving out of her parents house and her parents told her that since she is moving out, then she can start paying for her phone, car, car insurance...ect... and I shit you not, she thought that it was unfair!!!! Now she is worried that her parents are going to make her do the same thing, because she is planning to move in with her boyfriend......

I can't for the life of me understand how someone could think that it is unfair! I'm sorry, but if you can live on your own, then you can pay for your own things! You should NEVER expect your parents to keep paying for your crap when you don't even live with them! How can you be mad at your parents when they tell you that you need to be paying for your own things?!!! Why is it that this generation believes that their parents owe them? Their parents have taken care of them and made sure they had everything they ever needed and yet they expect more. I would never expect my mom or my dad to pay for my things. What is wrong with this generation?! The amount of people in this generation that feel that their parents owe them, is too damn high!

Of course, you can't fully blame them... it's their parents too. Their parents just hand them everything they want when they want it. So obviously, they are going to expect them to continue to do so. My parents always told me " spit in one hand, want in the other and tell me which one fills up faster".... needless to say, there were a lot of things that I wanted that I never got. I was paying my own phone bill once I got my first job, which was part time in retail.... where I was getting crap hours and making crap pay. If I can can do that, I'm pretty sure all these dumb kids that have full time jobs, can pay for their own things as well.... ya know, since they are working full time and all......

So I guess my realization is that, this generation is full of brats who think everything should be handed to them on a silver plater. If you have a friend that is like this, and they complain about their parents doing something like this.... please for the love of all that is holy, tell them the have no right!!! Knock some sense into them! That is all.