A Sapphire Rose for a Rainy Day

I know papa is expecting someone. So I sat in the living room waiting to see who it was. The rain poured on old windows with no signs of letting up. Sitting on the bay window I saw a man walking up the steps of the mansion.  I ran to the huge doors that towered over me and opened it. I gasped at what awaited me.

               A man in all black who stood about 6’5 was in front of me. His eyes a beautiful mossy green- gray were staring in my soul. A lock of dark chocolate hair fell from the wind blowing around him. The aura around him oozing power and some unknown just took my little body whole. “Hello little one, your daddy has told me about you. I have come to speak with him. Do you know where he is?”  His voice was warm and caring. “Uh … Yes… come this way daddy’s in his study.” Grabbing his large hand I found my hand lost within his from there I lead the way.

              Leading him into daddy’s study his strong paw still wrapped around my small hand. I wonder how this looks. An older man who isn’t my father holding my small ten year old hand. When we reached the study, he knelt down on one knee and kissed my small hand. “Your daddy told me that you like Silver and roses. So I thought I should give you a gift.” He took out a velvet black box from his coat pocket. My cheeks flushed pink. He put a necklace around my neck and took my hand again and kissed my cheek. “Until we met again little Lupa”

                  It had a sliver pendent with a sapphire rose in the middle everything just screamed how beautiful this necklace was. My blushed deepen on my fair cheeks. I was in shock, I just didn’t understand. So I ran, slipping my hand form his. Soon I felt the lack of warmth caressing my small hands. Running to my room, I pushed open the door and closed it softly behind me, sliding down the door trying to catch my breath.

                    How did he know my name? Why did he give me the necklace? Why do I miss his touch the way I do now? This feeling, I can't explain it but it makes me feel like I should never take off this necklace. Damn it I’m only ten years old but I feel as though I need that man. Walking to my bed, gliding my feet on the floor, I climbed into my bed were my pillows surrounded my small body and a husky puppy there to protect me. Letting sleep take over, I know tonight's dreams will be full of him...