8-My Brother

Rosie's POV

My fist clenched by my sides. All I could see was red.

The guys' heads snapped in my direction. The younger one has disappointment flash through his eyes but quickly masked it.

"Mother, why did you bring total strangers to my house!?" I asked as calmly as I could.

I walked in front of her.

"What happened to your eyes, sweetie?" She reached out to touch my face but I slapped her hand away.

"Like you care." I did notice that my eyes were bloodshot and my contacts were gone.

By now I was ignoring other people in the room.

"Well, I'm at least glad you got rid of those blue contacts. You need to show off the family brown eyes."

"Screw this family!" I yelled.

My mom and Violet gasped.

"Rosalinda!" My mom scowled at me.

"If you guys were really my family you'd let me marry for love! Not money!" I yelled. "I basically live in a family of gold diggers!"

My mother grabbed my wrist and dragged me into the kitchen.

"Rosalinda! You need to complete this marriage! Whether or not you like it!"

"No!"

A loud noise echoed through the room and a stinging sensation erupted on my cheek.

She slapped me!?

My face jerked to the side but I stood my ground.

"At least meet him properly." She sneered.

I didn't say anything. My face was kept emotionless. She grabbed my wrist and brought me back into the living room.

I saw Violet giggling and talking with the guy I was supposed to marry.

Of course, she was flirting with him.

Dirty blonde hair ocean blue eyes. He's a basic surfer boy.

"Eric, Wyatt." My mother spoke to the guys. "This is my daughter, Rosalinda."

They smiled at me but I didn't return it. My face was emotionless.

"Rosalinda you will be married to Wyatt." My mom nudged me towards him.

He smiled and extended his hand for me to shake. "It's nice to finally meet you."

I didn't say anything or shake his hand. He awkwardly took it back.

"May I ask what happened to your eyes?" He asked.

"No, you may not." I finally spoke.

"And she speaks." Violet teased.

"Shut the hell up." I snapped.

She glared at my tone but I ignored her.

"I'm his father Eric." Wyatt's father extended his hand but I didn't take it.

"Rosalinda, don't be rude." My mom scowled.

I rolled my eyes at her and leaned against the wall.

"Don't mind her." My mom apologized for me. "She's a little rebellious."

"Most girls this age are." Eric pointed out. "I'm sure it'll pass soon."

"Rosalinda why don't you and Wyatt go to your room and get to know each other better." My mom winked at me.