vampire hunter; i love you but i have to kill you chapter 10

My heart was still racing after my long and deep sleep, the night previous has been beyond amazing; wordlessly brilliant. Even despite all yesterday had uncovered, I couldn't help but smile. Yes, I had caused tension between my best friend and I and yes, I had brought questioning into Chris and I's relationship but none of that was anything in comparison to the joy I felt away from a murderous profession and the safety I felt in the arms of someone I loved, I did love him. However the one thing, the most important thing that brings the tears of joy to my eyes is the knowing that there could still be an honest and possible friendship with my long term friend.

I peered up at Chris's luscious eyes and felt his chest underneath me calmly lift and descend as he breathed in and out. His presence once again engulfed me, like I could feel some force attracting me to him like a magnet, he seemed inhuman.

"Mmm, you look beautiful this morning, more so then most other mornings and I didn't believe that to be possible... surely an angel could not get any more stunning. However, this morning appears to be a slight difference, perhaps it would be the wonderfully powerful smile that's shining upon me." I giggled like a school girl and my heart beat quick. This seemed to erge the kiss he planted upon my lips, which then tingled in excitement.

"You give me a reason to smile. I... love you" The corner of his mouth raised slightly before I'd even finished.

"I love you also"

Several hours later I clothed myself to join Erika for some tea in a converted ice cream shop- we'd go there when we were little and order a monumental Sunday and attempt to finish it. Unfortunately, they'd destroyed the character of the ice-cream café' and made a more "peaceful" environment in which older ages could come to re-wind and gossip with their friends. I ordered a herbal small herbal tea and bought Erika a large tea with milk and 4 sugars; sweet just how she likes it and a seemingly tasty apple strudel which her baby seemed to decline.

Our conversational topics had been kept light almost the whole day however we managed to remain in the café' past lunch and well into the afternoon. I would have been happy to continue chatting about the color of the baby's room to its future school and lifestyle but having prolonged lunch there was much protest from the bump.

We moved back to her place, where Chris sat with unnerving patience. He'd cooked with Erika's permission by the looks of it as meals had been set out for the both us across from each other. "He's a keeper," Erika said to me as Chris left the room with a huge grin.

Staying put we continued our previous discussions and I enjoyed listening those small unimportant details of my friend's life, rudely however that was interrupted as my pocket vibrated enthusiastically in my dark denim jean pockets.

Rossal's number appeared on the screen of display.

It was massively intrusive, as if somewhere were breaking into your house via a window; he was breaking into my life and that was not ok.

"Hello" I said through gritting teeth.