(WoW) Vashj- Farewell...

Requested by: @stormrage233
—————
The betrayer had escaped from his ancient shackles again, and as the jailor of him Maieve wishes to bring the betrayer back to his prison. However, (y/n) didn't really have any problems with this, in fact he was happy that he was able to help in this mission. What really bothered him was the fact that, there were rumors of Lady Vashj being allied with him, and if that's the truth then would be no choice but to put her down as well.
The memories of running through the gardens of the city of Zin Azshari, among the sweet smelling flowers. The secret meetings Lady Vashj and (y/n) would plan, almost always under moonlit evenings and the innocent gaze in her feline like eyes. The memories were ancient, before the war that split the highborne and the nightelves apart. But they were still so alive, so new, so much that he could almost hear her giggles but as sad the truth was, he had to fight her now.
After the events, (y/n) never knew what happened, he only heard that the Lady Vashj was missing until the rumors of her joining the Illidari with the betrayer.
(Y/n) now stood at the gates of Black Temple, the last known place for his once lover Vashj, he would pray to any gods for those reports to be false, so that he doesn't have to see and fight the Lady Vashj, but seeing the state of Outland, such a demonic plane, he doubted if anyone could hear him let alone the gods.

There couldn't be any doubts that could cloud his mind now however, as he trudged through the halls that could lead to the potential defeat at the hands of these demonic soldiers. But he doesn't care, if he does have to fight her for whoever she was now, then so be it but he knew that he couldn't ever forgive himself afterwards this mission.
Hours went by, no signs of the lady nor her forces, just twisted demons and demon "hunters" attacking (y/n).
Easy targets each of them but the anticipations of facing her was the most difficult challenge here, he walks into the destined chamber, seeing strange serpent like people, the naga attack him but soon killed as well. Yet there was no sign of her.
"Show yourself Vashj!" (Y/n) shouted, preparing himself for a combat "there is no use in hiding behind these monsters now" he glanced around for the female to show up, completely unknown to the fact that she was now the monster that he liked to call these naga as.
"(Y/n)?" a voice came from across the room, a little harsh and raspy as if the vocal cords were somehow distorted and harmed but recognizable to him. With a shocked expression, (y/n) looked behind him.
Whatever he saw now, left him speechless, where was that beautiful night elf who almost looked as magnificent as the queen Azshara? The night elf he used to call his moon light? The breathtaking beauty was now transformed into a slithering serpent like creature, the very monster he slew moments ago, bearing no resemblance to her former glory.
And yet (y/n)'s heart begged him to go back as he gazed into her eyes, her innocent gaze and the glow in them hadn't yet faded. The warrior wanted so much to leave her alone, avoid the mission and let her live, but his duties wouldn't allow him to leave just like that.
"V-Vashj..." he muttered, unable to hide the surprise in his voice, arms growing weak as the blade almost dropped
"It is me..." she sighed "This is what I've become beloved, a monster... and I'm well aware that you would like to kill me" she forced a smile and slithered closer to him "go ahead, complete your quest, slay me already" Lady Vashj looked at the weapon he held and made no attempt to fight.
"No... I cannot, this is too difficult for me!" he stepped back and avoided any eye contact with her, perhaps to hide the fact that he was breaking just by the thought of seeing her die
"I see..." she reached for her bow "you leave me no choice, then I believe we must fight then... farewell my dear, as there will be only one of us standing after this ends..." she frowned.
(Y/n) looked at the woman he once loved "fate leaves us now choice..." he replied as if he corrected her statement, he knew that it would be immensely difficult for him but he must do this, he steeled his heart for the final combat....