[7]

"Can Mackenzie come for a sleepover? PLEAAAAASE?" I begged. Mackenzie and I have grown close to each other, never minding the age difference, of 3 years.

"What about Maddie?" She asked. My eyes grew larger.

"N- I mean, of course!" I replied, followed by a fake laugh.

"I'll have to ask Melissa, but sure!" She told me and dialled Melissa on her phone. I panicked. Maddie was coming? I didn't ask for that! I couldn't say no though...

A few hours later the doorbell rang. I ran to grab it and remembered Maddie was coming too. I silently groan, and swing the door open with a smile on my face. "Kenzie! Maddie!" I say. I hug Kenzie, and Maddie and I awkwardly smile.

I bring them up to my room, and tell them to leave their bags there. "So, what do you want to do?" I ask them.

"Not sure... maybe we can watch a movie?" Maddie suggests.

"What if we watch YouTube?" Kenzie asks.

"YouTube seems good!" I say. When Kenzie turns her back to get something from her bag, I snicker at Maddie and grab the remote to the Apple TV. I click on YouTube and we flick through a few channels before we finally decide on watching Maddie's old CRINGY videos. Just to get her back. Kenzie and I are already laughing our heads off at Maddie's intro, and how funny it used to be, and how she used to act.

Maddie tells us she needs to use the bathroom. I show her where the bathroom is, and tell Kenzie to stay in my room. As we were walking she stops me. "Stop it. Right now. Or the consequences will get worse. You hear me?" She whispers.

"I'm not afraid of you Maddie," I spat, a little louder, back to her growing some confidence.

"You should be. You should be very afraid of me." She replies and slams the bathroom door.

I walk back to my room and Kenzie is on her phone.  I sit down and we decide to watch someone else. "Why?" She asks.

"I'm bored of Maddie," I say laughing slightly.

"Ok then," she says and changes the video to someone else. When Maddie comes back, we sit in silence. "Do you want to know a secret about Maddie?" Kenzie whispers.

"No, I mean, it's fine." I reply.

"Why the sudden change of mood? Before you wanted to make fun of Maddie, now you just want to boringly sit and do nothing!"

At that point, I pull Mackenzie to another room, and just bawl. I cry, I cry because of all the stress, Maddie and even Chloe (her friend, not the dance girl) has put on me.

"Oh. Aliyah," she says soothingly. "Did I hurt you in any way?" She asks.

"No, it's just," I say. "I can't tell you..." I trail off.

"Tell me Aliyah. It'll never get fixed if you don't tell me,"

"But you CAN'T help Mackenzie! Nothing will help this! Especially since it's your sister kenz-," I stop.

"My sister?" She replies.

"I mean..."

"Tell me Aliyah. Please!!" She begs.

"Fine," I continue crying. "Maddie's been threatening me, that if I keep winning at dance, and steal her place she'll do terrible things to me!" I explain.

"Oh Aliyah... I'm gonna do terrible things to her!!!!" She yells.

"Shhh! She told me if I tell anyone the consequences will get worse."

"But you have to tell someone Aliyah!" Mackenzie tells me.

"Please. For my sake. Don't tell her, or anyone else. If it gets worse, I promise I'll tell someone. Ok?" I sob. She nods and I clean my face before Maddie can see I've been crying. Then she'll know I've told Kenzie.

"I feel so much better," Maddie says chuckling as she walks out of the bathroom. We chuckle too, but kenz gives Maddie a slight death stare. I nudge her and she looks at me.

- - - - - - - - - LATER - - - - - - - - - -

"You promise you'll tell if it gets worse?" Mackenzie whispers as Maddie's asleep.

"Of course Kenz! Seriously, don't worry," I say assuringly. She sighs and rolls over so her back is to me. I look over at Maddie. She's silent. Dead asleep. Then I start to slowly drift away too, beginning to dream.

A/N Hi

Sorry I haven't been posting

I've been moving houses

I haven't had time to post 😪