Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I did go to the bathroom. I pushed the door open and made my way over to a sink and stared at myself in the mirror. I had tied my hair up today in a loose pony tail. My usual curls were straightened but thanks to the wind it had started to curl again. I didn’t mind so much though. My pale green eyes were tired. Even I could see that. Like Stefan had pointed out this morning, there were bags underneath them.

The toilet flushed and I turned to see a girl in my class, Cindy smile at me. “Hey.”

I smiled back politely and nodded. “Hi.”

“Late night?” She wondered as she turned on the tap to wash her hands before turning them off and drying them. “I don’t know how you do it.”

I frowned and looked at her turning so that my back was leaning against the edge of the sink. “What do you mean?”

“How you can stay up till late with a guy and still look absolutely stunning all day. And you’re good at school.” She shook her head and sighed. “I wish I had a life as perfect as that.”

“What do you mean with a guy? What have you heard?” I asked her curiously, completely ignoring the compliment.

She took a step towards me and bit her lip, contemplating whether or not to fill me in. She sighed. “Well everyone’s saying that you’re Stefan’s new toy. I mean they saw you two kiss last week and other people have seen you talking, well they said flirting and you look really tired and…”

I cut her off. “Whoa, whoa, whoa who’d you hear this from?”

She shrugged. “I don’t know a lot of people have been talking about it.”

Suddenly I was back in my dream.

I was in the lab rooms at school. Everyone was silent, staring at me as I walked inside the room. I had no idea why, I frowned at them and some looked away but others didn’t care. The people that weren’t staring at me were talking. I looked past them all to the lab table that I usually sat at and found a boy there. The same one that had been haunting my dreams.

He was drop dead gorgeous, staring straight at me with a hard face. He looked mocking and pissed off but at the same time there was something else there buried underneath the surface. I couldn’t see exactly what it was though.

I sat down beside him and looked into his almost black eyes curiously.

“Yakira…” Was all he whispered?

I didn’t have a chance to correct him though.

One of the girls in my class kneeled down at my desk and winked at me. “Put in a good word with Stefan for me?”

I frowned. “We’re not together.”

She giggled and shook her head with a knowing smile. “That’s a matter of opinion.”

“Dude are you alright?” Cindy asked me cautiously when I got my brain back.

I nodded and faked a smile. “Yeah, bad migraines, take some pain killers and I’ll be fine.”

She chuckled and waved me goodbye as she headed out the bathroom.

Just when I thought I was alone the door burst open again and in walked Stefan himself. He had a cheeky grin on his face and he crossed the room to me easily, not even caring that he was in the girls’ bathroom.

I glared at him and shook my head. “Did you start rumours about us?”

He touched a hand to his heart. “Would I do that?”