Everything Is F'ed Up

"Lau-Lauren..stop." Camila whimpered as she was trying to push Lauren's face from sucking her neck. But the latter acted like she didn't hear a thing and moved her lips lower and resided at Camila's collarbone. 

Camila let out a loud sigh, even though it feels good, Lauren must be stopped. The reason is that, they're in an elevator, not a room. Suddenly the elevator stopped at the 3rd floor and Camila has to do something drastic to stop her horny fiancé.

To Lauren's surprise, she felt a painful pang on her left cheek and the force caused her to be thrown a few steps backwards. After a few seconds she looked at Camila, shocked by her action. She just slapped her face.

Camila gulped, "There are people coming.."

The elevator door opened, and they were later joined by a decent looking family of four. Their youngest daughter turned around and being the cute child she is, she flashes Lauren a friendly smile and tugged her dress. Lauren however, who wasn't in the mood for kids, scowled at the poor child with her scary gaze. The girl's lips begin to curl downwards and her eyes were sparkling with tears.

Lauren sighed and looked away, avoiding eye contact in hope to undo her action but it was too late. The girl let out an annoying sharp sound, followed by tears that fell down like a waterfall. Her mother panicked and kneeled down at her.

"Hey, what's wrong dear?" Her mother asked the four year old. She didn't say anything but held tight to her mother's leg and sobs.

Camila stared at her fiancé the whole time with a disappointed look on her face but Lauren ignored her and focused her eyes to the stain on the elevator's wall.

The elevator stopped at the 5th floor where the family made their exit. Silence filled the atmosphere after they left. Lauren and Camila were standing at opposite corners of the elevator with no words being spoken.

"You slapped my face." Lauren suddenly said.

Camila sighed, "I had to stop you."

"You can just tell me to."

"I tried but it didn't work."

Lauren glared at Camila before turning her back to her.

"That's so mature of you Lauren Jauregui." Camila said, rolling her eyes.

Lauren scoffed but still refused to turn around.

"You even made the little girl cry." Camila added.

"It was her own fault." Lauren mumbled.

"Was it so hard to smile at her?"

Lauren shook her head and turned around, "Gee, I'm sorry I'm not in the mood to act all friendly to strangers because my fiancé just slapped me in the face."

They looked at each other.

Camila sighed and walked to her before wrapping her arms around her waist. Lauren was still acting defensive and stood still like a cold statue. But Camila's soft kiss on her left cheek made her give in.

"I'm sorry." Camila whispered.

"Not your fault." Lauren said before circling her hands around her fiancé's neck.

Sensing that everything is okay between them, Camila broke the hug and look at her Lauren closely.

"So which floor?" She asked.

"It's on the 9th. Room number...92."

Camila nodded, "We should do this quick though, or else your family will be wondering where we are." She said.

"It's okay, we'll try to finish it in...20 minutes?" Lauren asked.

Camila nodded and looked down, embarrassed. "Okay."

Lauren smiled, "Stop blushing, you're turning me on."

Camila chuckled, "Then stop being turned on at the random things I do!"

Lauren shrugged, "It's you. You look sexy in my eyes even when you snore in your sleep with drool all over the pillow."

"Aww...was that supposed to be sweet?"

The elevator door opens again when it finally reached the 9th floor. Lauren quickly grabs Camila's hand and intertwined their fingers together before walking out of the elevator in perfect sync. There was a sense of urgency in their steps, as they walked towards room number 92.

Camila slid her free hand around Lauren's waist, causing the other girl to let out a soft moan. She quickly turned the door knob before realizing that it's locked.

"Damn it! Where is the card key?" Lauren grunted. She looked at Camila and gave her an awkward smile before beginning to look into her purse.

Camila chuckled; seeing Lauren in need never failed to entertain her. She leaned closer to the impatient girl, teasing her with a kiss on her left ear before sensually running her hand on Lauren's arms, rubbing gently on her smooth skin. Lauren whimpers as she tries to ignore her and focus on finding the card key. She must find the goddamn key and teach Camila a lesson once they get inside.

Where is the damn key?

Camila giggled as she enjoys the view of Lauren rummaging through her purse like a maniac. She glanced to her side to check if there was anyone else in the hallway.

She saw a familiar face.

Ariana was exiting a room, maybe two doors away from her. She closed the door shut, turned around, and noticed that Camila was looking at her. She cleared her throat and walked towards the elevator, trying to act normal.

Camila wasn't quite sure how to react at the moment, but in the end she gave her a friendly smile. Ariana gave her a small nod and smiled back at her before mouthing 'what's wrong?' as she pointed at the oblivious Lauren. Camila grinned and showed her the card key that she's been keeping from Lauren in her right hand. Ariana made a shocked face and shook her head. The elevator arrived and she quickly enters it before going down.

"Where is the f***ing key?!" Lauren said, almost shouting.

"Are you sure you put it in the purse, Blankie?" Camila asked sweetly.

Lauren grunts again, "Yeah! Where else could it be?!" She said before checking her purse again.

Camila grinned and turned around to check the hallway again. This time she saw a glimpse of someone she didn't expect to be there.

A young woman with perfect long hair closed the door shut behind her, the same door that Ariana just emerged from. She hurriedly walked towards the elevator with a hand covering her face. Along with her big glasses, it was hard to see her face clearly. Camila stares at her, as she looked eerily familiar. She has a suspicious thought in her head of who the person could be but she hoped she was wrong. Suddenly the woman turned her face to Camila and their eyes met.

Camila froze.

I know her.

The young woman quickly entered the elevator after their brief eye contact, like she was avoiding her. But Camila saw the ring on her finger. She recognizes the ring very well, since she and Dinah went to the jewelry store together to order the specially made couple rings.

The ring that Dinah bought for...

..Jade.

"I'VE OPENED THE DOOR!" Lauren shouted in victory.

Camila turned to her and realized that the door was flung open and the key was no longer in her hand.

"Laur? When did you..?"

Lauren ignores her and wrapped one hand around her fiancé's waist.

"Wait Blankie, I think I just saw..."

She didn't manage to finish her sentence when Lauren put a finger on her mouth to silence her.

"You're naughty. Now get ready to be punished." She said before pushing Camila into the room and locking the door.

They were in there for more than 20 minutes.

**

"I wonder if there's someone inside. It's been locked for a while." A woman asks her friend. She was talking about a toilet in the woman's bathroom.

"I don't know, maybe it's out of order. Let's get back to the party." Her friend replied.

In the toilet, a young woman was sitting on the toilet seat, burying her face in her palms. Her hands were wet with tears that were continuously dropping from her eyes. It's her birthday and she should be celebrating; but ironically the day had been nothing but a disaster for her. Knowing the truth from someone from the past really drained her emotion. All the things she thought were true turned out to be lies.

It's all lies.

Her conversation with Jhene a while ago replays in her head.

--

"DAMN IT KEHLANI! YOUR MOTHER PAID BEA TO LEAVE YOU!" Jhene shouted loud and clear.

Kehlani froze.

"My mother...did what?" She asked, stuttering.

"Your mother...offered Bea an amount of money that she couldn't refuse, just to leave you." Jhene said.

"Wh-what are you talking about?" Kehlani asked as her grip on the woman's collar tightens.

"Bea was in need of money at the time so she took the offer and...left you." Jhene continued, gulping.

"No, you're lying." Kehlani said firmly.

Jhene sighed, "You can ask her yourself or...yeah that scary secretary. She was threatening me too, telling me to keep it as a secret or...They'll do something to expel me from the university."

Kehlani shook her head, "You-You're telling me that my mother paid Bea to leave me and she...accept it?! She would never leave me for money! And my mother would never do that to me! This is bullshit!"

Jhene cleared her throat, "No."

"This is the truth." She said.

She took a step forward, "The truth is your mother had always watched your every move and made decisions for you and..

..the truth is..Bea never really loved you. She only stayed with you for..your money."

--

Kehlani continued to cry, until there were no more tears that came out of her eyes. She had never felt so cheated before. It hurts even more when she was cheated by the people she loved.

She thought Bea loved her.

She was wrong.

She thought her mother was doing what's best for her.

She was wrong.

Their lies had almost caused her to give up her life.

If it wasn't for her brother, she'd already be history by now, her brother who will always be there for her and fight for her.

The person she trusts the most.

Harry...I need you right now.

**

"Mani, there's something I want to talk to you about." Harry said gently.

Normani looked at the man before her and moved closer. They stood there in silence, guessing each other thoughts.

"You know, I've never met anyone like you before." He said, starting the conversation.

Normani raised an eyebrow, "Is that a good or a bad thing?"

Harry lets out a small chuckle and it made Normani feel relieved. At least he's smiling.

But his smile eventually faded as he replied, "It's...both."

"How so? That's confusing." She said, puzzled. She looked at his serious facial expression and her worries returned.

He lifted one hand and gently fixes her hair. He smiled, "It's a good thing because...you make me smile every time I see your face."

Normani could feel her cheeks heat up. She's sure her face had turned pink, how she wished she can control her blush.

"It's a good thing because...I can always be myself when I'm with you." He added as he put both her hands into his palm. They gazed into each other's eyes and smiled. He lifts her hand slowly before gently planting a soft kiss on the back of her right hand.