Chapter VI: 种瓜得瓜, 种豆得豆 - As a man sows, so shall he reap

In the Court of the Crimson King

Chapter VI: 种瓜得瓜, 种豆得豆 - As a man sows, so shall he reap

At Palace of Earthly Tranquillity:

When Tetsuya woke up the next morning, the spot next to him on the bed was empty. It was not surprising, because Seijuurou was an early riser. Although the coal furnace heated the room, the air still felt cold so Tetsuya burrowed deeper inside his blanket. It was very comfortable. He almost fell asleep again when a familiar voice addressed him.

"You still don't want to wake up?"

Tetsuya opened his eyes slowly and found Seijuurou standing in the doorway with his hands folded across his chest. It looked like he just returned from outside because he was dressed formally.

"I'm still sleepy," he said as he looked at his husband walking towards him. "Besides, this is Seijuurou's fault for keeping me awake all night."

Seijuurou raised an eyebrow. "My fault?"

"Yes," Tetsuya agreed. "It's your fault."

"As I recall, you did not ask me to stop last night," Seijuurou said smoothly as he sat on the bed next to Tetsuya. "In fact, you asked for an encore," the Emperor replied non-committally, the corners of his mouth deepening into a smirk.

"Seijuurou!"

The redhead merely chuckled.

Tetsuya frowned before he put his arms around Seijuurou's neck and pulled him close so their faces almost touched. Seijuurou closed the distance between them with a long kiss. The need for oxygen eventually forced them apart. Tetsuya leaned against his husband. One of Seijuurou's hands caressed his back while the other hand crept down to squeeze his buttocks.

Tetsuya moaned.

Seijuurou pushed Tetsuya's body down on the bed. His intention was obvious.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

They were late for breakfast. Could it be called breakfast anymore? It seemed that lunch was more fitting. Tetsuya glanced at his husband. It was Seijuurou's fault again this time. His husband could deny it as much as he wanted, but the fact remained that it was always Seijuurou's fault. When they arrived in the dining room, the meal was already prepared on the table. Tetsuya could see plate after plate of delicious and expensive food.

Tetsuya sighed inwardly. The first time he lived in the palace, he was amazed at the amount of food served each day. It was obvious that no one could eat all of it so the rest was thrown away. And what a waste it was. After he became Empress, Tetsuya reduced the amount of food consumed in the palace. However, for Seijuurou, he could not do anything.

"What is it, Tetsuya?"

"There is too much food," he complained.

"You have to eat more."

"I never eat much," he defended himself. Seijuurou and the rest of his friends always thought that he didn't eat enough, which was ridiculous. The amount of food he ate every day was perfectly normal. It was Aomine and Kagami who ate like monsters.

"I do not accept rejection," Seijuurou stated.

So, Tetsuya was forced to eat more than his usual portion.

Seijuurou stared at him with a face full of satisfaction once he finished his bowl of rice.

Annoyed, Tetsuya stared back at his husband though his expression remained flat as usual.